Canon Store refurbished sale, EOS R Body $1214, EOS 5D Mark IV $1619 and more!

Jan 29, 2011
The 470 AI flash is one of those things that looks like a super cool demo of tech projects at an electronics show but that it is an actual product is puzzling; anyone on this forum actually have one?
I've used one, they are freaking awesome! If they were RT controllers they would be 100% perfect.

Does anybody know if they work well on the M cameras? The M5 specifically I didn't think to try it when I had one to use.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
This is quite a dangerous sale. Some good deals on refurb lenses! :)

Thanks for the B&H coupon tip! I don't usually look at the emails closely but the live chat helped me out and they honored the coupon for the EOS R!
Compared to the refurb, it was about $15 cheaper considering I do need the EF adapter, got the free SD card, and the shipping was faster which is always nice, especially since I'm flying back home very soon.

Definitely makes me think the Mark II is coming sooner than I originally thought, but if the new EOS R will be a $2300 body to start, then I'm quite happy to save $1K on the body.

Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
It’s crazy that Canon is so blatantly ripping off customers, they never used to do this.

I bought an EOS R kit on Black Friday for the “discounted” rate of $2799. Now I’m finding I can get the exact same kit for $2000 with all these discounts.

I am sure a lot of people are going to be returning those Black Friday cameras and buying the discounted ones in order to save $800. Why wouldn’t you?
Why is it people think they are being ripped off when they pay $x on Monday and then the item gets discounted to $y on Tuesday? Just sounds childish. You were happy with the price the day you bought it, weren't you? Canon didn't rip anyone off. Getting ripped off implies fraud or theft. Neither happened. You forked over your cash willingly for a price you determined was fair.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

slclick

EOS 3
Dec 17, 2013
Why is it people think they are being ripped off when they pay $x on Monday and then the item gets discounted to $y on Tuesday? Just sounds childish. You were happy with the price the day you bought it, weren't you? Canon didn't rip anyone off. Getting ripped off implies fraud or theft. Neither happened. You forked over your cash willingly for a price you determined was fair.
Canon has been doing their best sales for many years in December, so unless this is a person's first year with a digital camera, people should do some research. Heck, just ask here, lots of great folks with insight who can help. Black Friday? Ugh,stay away from that madness.

Upvote 0