Canon to announce EOS-1D X equivalent EOS R system camera in 2021?

Nelu

5D Mark IV, 1Dx, EOS R
Neat. You criticize people for paying attention to a hater...while hating on the EOS R yourself.
I think you’re missing the sarcasm...
Edit:
Since I already have and use the 5D Mark 4 and the 1DX you’re right, the EOS R is not for me but I’m waiting for the next one, at least equivalent to the 5D Mark 4.
I don’t hate it, it’s just not for me...

Last edited:
Reactions: Valvebounce

SteveC

M50 & T6i
Sep 3, 2019
I think you’re missing the sarcasm...
Edit:
Since I already have and use the 5D Mark 4 and the 1DX you’re right, the EOS R is not for me but I’m waiting for the next one, at least equivalent to the 5D Mark 4.
I don’t hate it, it’s just not for me...
You're right--I missed the sarcasm. Sorry about that.

And, though I don't own a full frame, I've played with the R a bit, and it's a huge step above anything else I've used. BUT, ironically, Canon has dampened my enthusiasm for it by bringing out the 32MP APS-C cameras. Now both the R and RP have fewer pixels in a much bigger sensor, and it just doesn't seem right to be looking at an M5-II (OK, I may have to settle for an M6-II) and a fullframe with fewer pixels. I can understand those who are not wanting to jump all the way to 83MP, though...so how about something in the 40s-50s?

So I'm sort of in the same boat you're in right now, wanting to see what they come out with in the R realm next.

SecureGSM

2 x 5D IV
Feb 26, 2017

And, though I don't own a full frame, I've played with the R a bit, and it's a huge step above anything else I've used. BUT, ironically, Canon has dampened my enthusiasm for it by bringing out the 32MP APS-C cameras. Now both the R and RP have fewer pixels in a much bigger sensor, and it just doesn't seem right to be looking at an M5-II (OK, I may have to settle for an M6-II) and a fullframe with fewer pixels. I can understand those who are not wanting to jump all the way to 83MP, though...so how about something in the 40s-50s?

So I'm sort of in the same boat you're in right now, wanting to see what they come out with in the R realm next.
Steve, I guess there is still much for you to learn, Sir. Great. Keep exploring your options. Ask questions and maintain an open mind approach.
Photography is a kind of magic in so many ways. It’s a witchcraft. A wizardry. So, Stick to the wizards and follow your imagination.
You can produce amazing photos with the camera you already own.

SteveC

M50 & T6i
Sep 3, 2019
Steve, I guess there is still much for you to learn, Sir.
Nominee for understatement of the year.

And I've taken some pretty good ones but my hit rate is abysmal. Tech can help with that but of course, a critical factor is the hominid behind the viewfinder/display.

ronno

I'm New Here
Sep 8, 2019
Curiosity is getting the best of me. Will your phone back up raw files? If so, how many from a 30 mega pixel camera? I only ask because I only shoot raw.
I shoot only RAW too. The WIFI workaround is fast, but sends full-size JPEGs to the computer/phone/tablet (not RAW files.)
So, in the rare instance that your card actually fails, you have *full size* JPEG backups.
Perfect? No.
Decent Plan B if the shit hits the fan? Yes, IMHO.

Joaquim

I'm New Here
Aug 20, 2019
In the old days, 35mm cameras had a lever for you to use to advance the film for the next shot.
Oh ok! I wasn't aware it was called a thumbdrive. Definitely seen those with Dad and relatives as a kid. Thank you for clarifying.:)

JohanCruyff

EOS RP
Aug 9, 2012
Milano, Italy

My M6 has more megapixels than my ancient 6D, and I wish the M6 had fewer megapixels (and thus better imagine quality at high ISO).

AlanF

Canon 5DSR II
Aug 16, 2012
My M6 has more megapixels than my ancient 6D, and I wish the M6 had fewer megapixels (and thus better imagine quality at high ISO).
Would it have higher IQ at high iso? There are quite a few posts in CR claiming with good reasoning that more pixels give worse IQ at high iso is a myth.