Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L

neuroanatomist said:
Good24 said:
stunning!

Thanks! I'd have far preferred the shot of the Tours hôtel de ville (City Hall) to be at blue hour, rather than with a black sky. I can't complain too much, though...at blue hour, I was actually at a private dinner inside that very building.

nice ... guess you'll just have to go back!

Upvote 0
Here's my latest, a 2 shot shifted pano:

29660095630_0dbf9c3cfd_b.jpg

Canon 5DIII, TSe 17L, 1.4x TC

Upvote 0
neuroanatomist said:
Just returned from a short trip to Pisa, Italy. Here is the Pisa Cathedral, and the adjacent Leaning Tower.

"Duomo di Pisa"

EOS 1D X, TS-E 17mm f/4L, 13 s, f/11, ISO 400

Ha! The leaning tower of Pisa must be hard to correct for verticals! It's not straight to start with! Lol!
Lovely image btw!

Upvote 0

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
CR Pro
Aug 9, 2018
I guess I'll jump on the band wagon...

This is my first TS-E lens, and it took a while to get used to it. While I still have some ways to go before nailing down the details, two things I found vital for this lens - LIVE VIEW and TRIPOD. Great lens, but not something you can use w/o prep time.

PS: By the way, these pictures were taken with APS-H body, so expect a wider view when you use it with FF bodies.

Pic 1 - Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco, Pic 2 - Taipei 101, Pic 3 - View from Liberty State Park in NJ
Hi!
I strongly disagree!
I never use mine on Live View, nor do I ever put it on a tripod.
I focus, set the exposure (manual!), and use the ELECTRONIC LEVEL all the time. I just couldn't imagine wasting precious time in crowded cities using such a slow (yet recommendable) method, small imprecisions can be easily corrected in LR.
Don't misunderstand me: I don't say your method is wrong, but that other practices also work well!:)

Upvote 0
Hi!
I strongly disagree!
I never use mine on Live View, nor do I ever put it on a tripod.
I focus, set the exposure (manual!), and use the ELECTRONIC LEVEL all the time. I just couldn't imagine wasting precious time in crowded cities using such a slow (yet recommendable) method, small imprecisions can be easily corrected in LR.
Don't misunderstand me: I don't say your method is wrong, but that other practices also work well!:)

Each to their own. I would say that there are times where a tripod is essential to get the stability with long exposures and the accuracy of framing and other times where a tripod use isn't appropriate or allowed and one has to hand hold.
This Shot is a two shot pano, using a level tripod...the two images lined up in the pano Lightroom function very well with no crop needed. This was shot at 100 iso and not easily achieved with this level of pixel sharpness or accuracy hand held.

However, this image required hand held usage as the operation of a tripod in Norwich cathedral is allowed...but would have been distracting to the priest. As a result...the iso was 1600 and far higher than I'd usually use.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0