Canon Under Wrap

Used cell phone to create a partial screenshot from a paused TV screen during the U.S. Open this evening. Cameras were turned to the press box when the commentators were saying Nishikori could not go anywhere without cameras being everywhere he went. Reminded me of how auto manufactures try to disguise a vehicle in public before its officially released.

The photographer has a DSLR in his lap which the wrapped camera is resting.

There is enough wrap covering the base of the lens to be covering an adapter.

If this thread needs to be moved please move.

Attachments

• GAP_canon under wrap-3.jpg
    GAP_canon under wrap-3.jpg
    269.3 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:

goldenhusky

CR Pro
Dec 2, 2016
Why would they cover the EOS R three days after the launch? Possibly shooting the mythic pro-version ...?

Good point, I missed the part where is said it was from that evening. May be another camera being tested under the wraps. The following camera was registered but not released yet.

PC 2357
Digital camera
Wi-Fi · Bluetooth installed
Battery: LP-E6 / LP-E6N (or equivalent)
The same radio parts as KissM

There is one more lens that was registered but not released yet. May be we can expect another announcement in late 2018 or early 2019

Upvote 0

Jethro

EOS R
CR Pro
Jul 14, 2018
Good point, I missed the part where is said it was from that evening. May be another camera being tested under the wraps. The following camera was registered but not released yet.

PC 2357
Digital camera
Wi-Fi · Bluetooth installed
Battery: LP-E6 / LP-E6N (or equivalent)
The same radio parts as KissM

There is one more lens that was registered but not released yet. May be we can expect another announcement in late 2018 or early 2019
I'm thinking early 2019 at the moment (to avoid discouraging '18 Xmas sales of the existing EOS-R) but only time will tell.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Jethro

EOS R
CR Pro
Jul 14, 2018
I recall that in the flurry of rumors over the last month or so there was clear contradiction between September release rumours and 'quarter 1 2019' rumours - the heavy possibility is that both were correct but they were about different cameras. There were also rumors that more than one camera was due to drop. I'm not convinced that Canon would vacate the 'semi-professional' FFM segment for any period - the lens development that they have clearly done to date is far more than you would do for an EOS-R camera alone.

Upvote 0