Canon will reclaim their full-frame megapixel crown [CR1]

Michael Clark

Now we see through a glass, darkly...
Apr 5, 2016
I'd guess that the 70MP sensor was the one they were going to put in the 5DS/R MkII and the 83MP one is a new sensor from the same fabrication line as the new 90D and M6 MkII line.

If they go with the 70MP it will be to claw back some of the R&D spent on that singular use sensor and the RS MkI will have a logical 2 year upgrade cycle and have annoying feature absences. If they are brave and forward looking it will be off the new fabrication line and be the 83MP sensor that will be used for years and will push back a MkII, but it will cost more.

Knowing Canon's business history I'd bet on a 70MP version but I'd like to be proven wrong.

Or maybe they could use the fabrication for the 70 MP FF sensor to make a 27 MP APS-C sensor? Possible uses would be for future Rebels or maybe even a "fast" sports/action camera with either EF-M of RF mount?

Upvote 0

Michael Clark

Now we see through a glass, darkly...
Apr 5, 2016
It's unclear to me why the the internal/external distinction matters. It is still an affect the subject experiences in the first person. When an individual learns something, he or she internalizes what they learn. He or she makes it his or her own matter. That's why self-hatred is hatred directed towards the self. It does not originate from the other or the world even if we were to consider social conditions the first cause of this hatred.

Which begs the question: Which is more detestable, self-hatred or total lack of empathy?

P.S. Don't let the effect affect you. (Hint: Affect is a verb. Effect is a noun.)

Upvote 0

sdz

CR Pro
Sep 13, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Last edited:
Upvote 0

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
We had the 7D2 come out with a 20Mpixel sensor, closely followed by a 5Ds/r with that sensor scaled up to 50MP. Many of us are betting that the same thing will happen with the 90D sensor, and a FF version of it at 83Mpixels.

Of course time will tell, and there is is a very distinct possibility that all of us are wrong :)

The 7d2 has DPAF, the 5ds hasn't, so it isn't the same sensor.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

sdz

CR Pro
Sep 13, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Mature is both an adjective and a verb. A quick perusal of recent posts suggests that @Michael Clark and @sdz are not accurately described by the former use, and would both benefit from attempting to engage in the latter use of the word.

Well, thank you. It really helps to have a Church Lady to keep order when calm erupts.

Upvote 0