I am in a bit of same situation. I have a well functioning but also well used 6D, two top-of-line EF (L) Zooms and a handfull of good EF primes. My photography is a bit of everything - so I am glad for the size of the 6D. However - should i by a new camera now, I would go for the 5D mkIV. It will serve me for the next 5-7+ years, and by that time, the landscape for RF lenses and bodies would be clear and mature. I know that the reselling price for my old EF gear at that time will be lower - but I am not a "buy and sell" person. I buy my gear, an use it as long as i last.Hi all, I know we are here under speculation BUT let's see if my thinking is correct. I currently have couple of EF canon lenses that I have been using in the past years along my old EOS 5D Mark II. Now that camera is broken and I am looking for a good substitute!
2 options but do not know which one will be real and release sooner:
1. to buy a dsrl 5D Mark IV update (ie. 5D mark V? or whatever will be named.
1b. to buy a mirrorless eos RS (or whenever is called).
The RF lenses looks quite superior to the previous EF series and since I have just couple of EF left I could sell them and move only to RF lenses.... Or stay on the safe side, do not go for RF, keep the EF, buy a 5D Mark IV now and.... do not care about near coming/rumors?
I can wait 6 months. If anyome is in my situation and prefer to shoot as semi-pro mainly landscape, event and picture while I go travel/tourist trips, what solution you would suggest to go?
For travel however - I see and idea for the future of R and RF - a bigger high-end pro body with large zooms and a smaller RP size body that can be used with an RF 24-105 f/4 and a 35mm for travel or street photography.
But for now, and for the next 10 years i think - I stay with EF cameras and lenses