Canon will release the EOS Ra astrophotography camera

my tragic EF L collection that is now obsolete, no thanks to Canon and their miserably abject failure to innovate.
Not only, as Don says, has EF glass increased functionality on the R, but you can't really complain that it's obsolete - due to Canon moving onto an improved mount - AND in the same sentence complain they don't innovate! Isn't it the innovation that you're complaining has made your older kit obsolete?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
Not only, as Don says, has EF glass increased functionality on the R, but you can't really complain that it's obsolete - due to Canon moving onto an improved mount - AND in the same sentence complain they don't innovate! Isn't it the innovation that you're complaining has made your older kit obsolete?

:ROFLMAO:

Except that the innovation in question actually DIDN'T render those lenses obsolete!!! :ROFLMAO: So the complaint is not only inconsistent with itself (as you showed) but false to fact anyway.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Aussie shooter

https://brettguyphotography.picfair.com/
Dec 6, 2016
brettguyphotography.picfair.com
Figures. Leave it to Canon to release a completely unwanted niche body camera when most of us need a pro studio mirrorless, and/or a pro sport mirrorless STAT. You can expect this crap "a" camera to be basically a 6dm2 sensor with a bit more red-shift, woopty doo. The camera will still be 10 years behind the 810a, and all those 28-year old EF glass designs mean little. Most of them look like poop on my ancient, very dusty 5DSr at any rate.

I try again and again to fall in love with Canon again like I did in 1987 and again when the 5D dropped, but I just can't any more, when I see them making the decisions they have made ever since the RF mount came to be.....

I do encourage them to keep trying, but after using a SONY rx1rm2, I have already ordered a SONY a7rm4 and a ton of ZEISS glass. I am betting on that Zeiss-Sony glass holding its value better than my tragic EF L collection that is now obsolete, no thanks to Canon and their miserably abject failure to innovate.

They need young engineers leading them, but I'll bet it is A SINGLE VERY OLD MAN keeping them from taking chances, clutching at old ideas the photography field has since moved on from some years ago.
Bahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!
Sorry. But I would bet that there are just as many if not more people interested in a 4k astro variant of the R than there are interested in a 9k mirrorless version of a 1dx2. I would hardly call astro/milky way photography a 'niche' anymore.

Upvote 0