Not open for further replies.

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
<div name="googleone_share_1" style="position:relative;z-index:5;float: right; /*margin: 70px 0 0 0;*/ top:70px; right:120px; width:0;"><g:plusone size="tall" count="1" href="http://www.canonrumors.com/2012/07/canons-next-full-frame-camera-cr2/"></g:plusone></div><div id="fb_share_1" style="float: right; margin: 0 0px 0 10px;"><a name="fb_share" type="box_count" share_url="http://www.canonrumors.com/2012/07/canons-next-full-frame-camera-cr2/" href="http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php">Share</a></div><div><script src="http://static.ak.fbcdn.net/connect.php/js/FB.Share" type="text/javascript"></script></div><div class="tweetmeme_button" style="float: right; margin-left: 10px; margin-bottom: 70px;"><a class="tm_button" rel="&style=normal&b=2" href="http://www.canonrumors.com/2012/07/canons-next-full-frame-camera-cr2/"></a></div>
<strong>Fall 2012

</strong>Once again, we hear about a new “entry level” full frame camera being added to the Canon lineup in the fall. The specs for the camera have been quite broad, which is normal when there are various prototypes out and about. Below are the most talked about specifications, and probably the closest to the actual camera.</p>
<p><strong>Specifications</strong></p>
<ul>
<li>22mp (Same sensor as 5D3)</li>
<li>19 AF Points</li>
<li>4fps</li>
<li>ISO 100-51200</li>
<li>3″ LCD</li>
<li>Smaller than the 5D Mark II</li>
<li>More Plastic than metal in the construction</li>
<li>Pop-Up Flash (On at least one prototype)</li>
<li>$1999 USD at launch</li>
<li>Launched with a new non-L full frame kit lens (Undisclosed what the lens is)</li>
<li>Compatible with full frame STM lenses</li>
</ul>
<p>Lots more to come on this topic.</p>
<p><strong><span style="color: #ff0000;">c</span>r</strong></p>
<p> </p>

A

Astro

canon can only hope the rumored D600 price or specs are wrong...

•24.7MP full frame sensor
•Weight: 760g (850g with battery and memory cards), the D800 weights 900g
•3.2" LCD with 921K dot with ambient sensor control
•HDMI output
• 5 FPS
•Built-in flash with sync speed of 1/250s
•Video compression: H264/MPEG-4
•Full HD with 30p, 25p, 24p, HD with 60p, 50p, 30p, 25p
•Viewfinder coverage: 100% for FX , 97% for Dx
•The Nikon D600 will have built-in AF motor
•The body most probably will be weather sealed
•Auto DX crop mode
•The D600 may not have built-in GPS as initially reported
•ISO range: 100-6400 (with Lo-1 ISO 50 and Hi-2 ISO 25,600)
•39 AF points (with an option of 11 AF points), 9 cross-type AF points
•AF face detection
•Exposure compensation: ±5 EV (same as the D800)
•The D600 will probably use the EN-EL15 rechargeable Li-ion battery
•The price of the D600 is rumored to be very low - maybe as low as $1500.
•The sensor inside the D600 will probably be 24MP (made by Sony, modified by Nikon).

first leaked images for those who still think it´s just a vapor product:

http://nikonrumors.com/2012/06/14/first-leaked-nikon-d600-images.aspx/

i think that´s a pretty tough competitor.
especially when the 24MP sony sensor plays in the same league as the D800 sensor.

Upvote 0
Astro said:
canon can only hope the rumored D600 price or specs are wrong...

•24.7MP full frame sensor
•Weight: 760g (850g with battery and memory cards), the D800 weights 900g
•3.2" LCD with 921K dot with ambient sensor control
•HDMI output
• 5 FPS
•Built-in flash with sync speed of 1/250s
•Video compression: H264/MPEG-4
•Full HD with 30p, 25p, 24p, HD with 60p, 50p, 30p, 25p
•Viewfinder coverage: 100% for FX , 97% for Dx
•The Nikon D600 will have built-in AF motor
•The body most probably will be weather sealed
•Auto DX crop mode
•The D600 may not have built-in GPS as initially reported
•ISO range: 100-6400 (with Lo-1 ISO 50 and Hi-2 ISO 25,600)
•39 AF points (with an option of 11 AF points), 9 cross-type AF points
•AF face detection
•Exposure compensation: ±5 EV (same as the D800)
•The D600 will probably use the EN-EL15 rechargeable Li-ion battery
•The price of the D600 is rumored to be very low - maybe as low as $1500.
•The sensor inside the D600 will probably be 24MP (made by Sony, modified by Nikon).

first leaked images for those who still think it´s just a vapor product:

http://nikonrumors.com/2012/06/14/first-leaked-nikon-d600-images.aspx/

i think that´s a pretty tough competitor.
especially when the 24MP sony sensor plays in the same league as the D800 sensor.

+1

This is shaping up to be another D7000 - 60D debacle for Canon. The D600 specifications look pretty real, Canon had better hope that Nikon don't launch it at US$1500; come to think of it, Canon better hope that Nikon don't launch at US$1999 either!

Upvote 0

bbasiaga

Canon Shooter
Nov 15, 2011
USA
Is the 19pt AF the one from the 7D? I guess what I'm really asking is does the 7D have that many AF points?

For me, this seems like the ideal upgrade from y 5Dc. Sure, I'd love a 5dIII, but the bottom line is as an ameture that works maybe 4 jobs a year, I'm not going to be able to justify that cost. Compared to the 5DII, this rumored list is a little more punch of an upgrade. Though unless the pop up flash can act as a wireless controller i'd just as soon not have it.

-Brian

Upvote 0
A

Astro

i hope the specs are not the final ones. thought it´s a small chance to see a new improved canon sensor this year.

i had hoped canon would bring a killer entry level FF camera.
a camera nikon could not match in price and features.

i have no doubt that canon sales will be good.
but in the enthusiast market (and i don´t mean people who don´t have to care about the money) canon loses some traction.

i love photography and i would call myself an enthusiast... but im not making money with it.
so i can´t justify a 6000$ camera... and a 5D MK3 is not worth the money when i compare it to a 5D MK2... not for me.

so ask yourself, what would you buy as a starter?
to me the D600 looks like a great deal.

Upvote 0
A

Alumina

Canon-F1 said:
the D600 seems to be BIT FOR BIT the better camera and the better deal.

2012 is sure not canons year. :(

Exactly my thoughts. I'm starting to think my next camera might actually be a Nikon if this trend keeps up. I'm going to wait until/if they announce the 7D mark2 before I make any decisions though. Right now Nikon simply gives better specs for less money. I'm not THAT invested in lenses yet so I guess I'll have to see.

Upvote 0
S

sky87

dilbert said:
22mp (Same sensor as 5D3)

WTF?! 5D Mark II sensor continues to live on??

When will we see Canon put some new sensor technology in its non 1-series full frame DSLRs???

Correct me if i'm wrong, to my understanding the sensor in the 5D mkiii uses gapless microlenese technology unlike the sensor in the 5D mkii.

Upvote 0
7enderbender said:
How does this make sense? Why would I want a $2000 plastic 5DII equivalent when I can have the real thing for the same money? And I don't believe there is any noticeable difference between the 5DII and 5DIII sensor. So what gives?

Good points. CR2, however it's hard to believe that this set of specs makes any sense.

Upvote 0
A

Astro

sky87 said:
dilbert said:

When will we see Canon put some new sensor technology in its non 1-series full frame DSLRs???

Correct me if i'm wrong, to my understanding the sensor in the 5D mkiii uses gapless microlenese technology unlike the sensor in the 5D mkii.

i think nobody said/meant the sensors are 100% IDENTICAL.

but compared to the D800 sensor canons sensor design has only made a baby jump compared to a Dwight Philipps jump.

the 5D MK3 sensor seems to be 80% based on the 4 year old design.

Upvote 0
sky87 said:
dilbert said:

Canon used gapless microlenese on 50D in 2008, compare to the 40D there's not enough IQ improvement. Now it's the same story between 5D2 and 5D3

Upvote 0

tron

CR Pro
Nov 8, 2011
7enderbender said:
How does this make sense? Why would I want a $2000 plastic 5DII equivalent when I can have the real thing for the same money? And I don't believe there is any noticeable difference between the 5DII and 5DIII sensor. So what gives?
+1 It does not. I cannot understand why so many forum readers were waiting for something so similar and in many aspects inferior camera to 5DmkII. More plastic ? really? for the same price of 5DMkII? For a slightly better sensor? (possibly crippled by more powerful AA filter?) It is possibly a nice camera for non 5DmkII owners. But for 5DmkII onwners this rumored camera is a joke!

P.S I guess it will not have replaceable screens...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.