Caon eos 800d picss and specs

C-A430

Powershot C-A430
Apr 16, 2016
Europe
Chaitanya said:
ajfotofilmagem said:
In what way would this be a step back?
I presume the SD slot is still UHS-I not faster UHS-II and no 4k video for a camera that is supposed to compete with Sony A6000 series thats unacceptable.

Both price-wise and feature-wise A6500 is competing with 80D (and they are both overpriced), while A5000-series compete with Rebvel 1200/1300D (both are terrible cameras in every way).

Rebel 750D/760D/800D has no competition. Nikon D330 and D550 are similarly priced, but different products. Now that we are at it - its funny that 7DII and D500 are nearly IDENTICAL.

Upvote 0
Jun 27, 2013
Pune
C-A430 said:
Chaitanya said:
ajfotofilmagem said:
I presume the SD slot is still UHS-I not faster UHS-II and no 4k video for a camera that is supposed to compete with Sony A6000 series thats unacceptable.

Both price-wise and feature-wise A6500 is competing with 80D (and they are both overpriced), while A5000-series compete with Rebvel 1200/1300D (both are terrible cameras in every way).

Rebel 750D/760D/800D has no competition. Nikon D330 and D550 are similarly priced, but different products. Now that we are at it - its funny that 7DII and D500 are nearly IDENTICAL.
A6300 is still available and except for overheating sensor its a decent offering thats costs well below 1000$ mark. Sony hasn't updated their A5000 series of cameras in quite a while, so whenever that replacement comes out it sure will get 4k video.760D also had competition from A6300, with replacement of that camera coming in form of 77D(or whatever it is called) it still will be competing with year old A6300 which has better video specs(considering both 760D and 750D shared same internals only difference was in body).

Upvote 0

ahsanford

Particular Member
Aug 16, 2012
1) Just curious, was 800D expected for the numerical / ex-US version of the name? I thought we might see a 770D based on the past 750/760 split. I recognize Rebels went in 50s before (500, 550, 600, etc.) but with the split between basic and top-lcd styles, I thought that might change.

2) The nerfing of the 5D4 never goes away. The basic Rebel now is only 1 fps slower than a $3500 professional workhorse. (I will always contend the 5D4 should have been an 8-9 fps rig.)

- A

Upvote 0

tron

CR Pro
Nov 8, 2011
Chaitanya said:
ajfotofilmagem said:
The usual whining...

1. It is better than the previous one.
2. UHS-I is not unacceptable since it is adequate to record according to camera's specifications. Even the 5D4 doesn't have one!
3. You compare it with an overheating sony? Would you like this camera to overheat ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Upvote 0

Sharlin

CR Pro
Dec 26, 2015
Turku, Finland
Chaitanya said:
ajfotofilmagem said:

You have a very interesting definition of "step back". Hint: a step back would be a reduction in functionality, not just staying at the same spot.

Upvote 0
Sharlin said:
Chaitanya said:
ajfotofilmagem said:

You have a very interesting definition of "step back". Hint: a step back would be a reduction in functionality, not just staying at the same spot.

6 FPS and 5 axis image stabilization during video features are pretty good. Looks like it is not a dpaf sensor.

Upvote 0
Jun 20, 2013
ritholtz said:
Sharlin said:
Chaitanya said:
ajfotofilmagem said:

6 FPS and 5 axis image stabilization during video features are pretty good. Looks like it is not a dpaf sensor.

other spec leaks confirm it's the DPAF sensor.

Upvote 0
Chaitanya said:
As usual typical camera nazi move: one step forwards two steps back.
http://photorumors.com/2017/02/09/canon-eos-800d-pictures-and-specifications-leaked-online/

Where have Canon committed genocide?

Just asking because my definition of 'Nazi' is very specific.

Are you confusing not getting a feature you wanted on a consumer electronic item with the gassing of 6 million men women and children?

Upvote 0

ExodistPhotography

Photographer, Artist & Youtuber
Feb 20, 2016
Phillippines
www.youtube.com
Essentially from what I have seen its a 750D equipped with electronic IS for video.. Surprised Canon put this into their Rebel line so soon. But I guess they didnt have anything else to add and wanted to get something out for CIPA..

As far as 1080p video. I am fine with 1080p. What I am not crazy about is Canon's piss poor implementation of if. Even properly sharpened in post (not in camera) it still isn't that great. Not saying they should have great video in this camera. I think what your getting in this camera its fine. But I would love it if Canon would even just have 1080p video thats been down sampled from something like 3 or 4k. Much like Sony does with their 4k (they down sample from 6k). Which yields a proper 4k file. At least when its not over heating.. LOL

Upvote 0
RayValdez360 said:
These greedy bastards can't put c log in their new DSLRs. Canon is such an annoying brand. I am already thinking about ways they will cripple the c100 mkIII.

Were you really expecting XLR inputs and a grab handle on the new rebel?

Greedy bastards might also be people who wan't the quality, usability and design of a £3k camera but don't want to pay £3k for it.

My last ENG camera was £20k. And it wasn't 4K either. So I have to laugh when folk bitch and moan about whats missing from a £700 camera.

If you are dead keen and are invested in the Canon system, buy a pansonic and speedbooster to tide you over until Canon bring out a budget 4K EF option.

Upvote 0
ExodistPhotography said:
Essentially from what I have seen its a 750D equipped with electronic IS for video.. Surprised Canon put this into their Rebel line so soon. But I guess they didnt have anything else to add and wanted to get something out for CIPA..

As far as 1080p video. I am fine with 1080p. What I am not crazy about is Canon's piss poor implementation of if. Even properly sharpened in post (not in camera) it still isn't that great. Not saying they should have great video in this camera. I think what your getting in this camera its fine. But I would love it if Canon would even just have 1080p video thats been down sampled from something like 3 or 4k. Much like Sony does with their 4k (they down sample from 6k). Which yields a proper 4k file. At least when its not over heating.. LOL

Panasonic g7 or G80 with speedbooster.

Better MTFs (optical reduction rather than a crop) and extra stop of light, and you can use your EF glass whenever Canon get round to a budget 4K EF mount camera.

The combination of the optical reduction and the 4K-1080 downsampling in post means that my video has never looked more detailed (4K is very handy for crops etc, my clients want 1080)

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Tinky said:
RayValdez360 said:
These greedy bastards can't put c log in their new DSLRs. Canon is such an annoying brand. I am already thinking about ways they will cripple the c100 mkIII.

Were you really expecting XLR inputs and a grab handle on the new rebel?

Greedy bastards might also be people who wan't the quality, usability and design of a £3k camera but don't want to pay £3k for it.

My last ENG camera was £20k. And it wasn't 4K either. So I have to laugh when folk bitch and moan about whats missing from a £700 camera.

If you are dead keen and are invested in the Canon system, buy a pansonic and speedbooster to tide you over until Canon bring out a budget 4K EF option.

I think he just forgot the <sarcasm> tags... ;)

Upvote 0