Caon eos 800d picss and specs

IglooEater said:
Maiaibing said:
-1 said:
Those of us that still like to use still cameras using the viewfinder might think that the absence of MFA, Micro Focusing Adjustment is a big turnoff in a new DSLR...
Astonished that not all newer Canon DSLR's have MA. I would never even consider buying a DSLR without. :eek:

Remember that rebels are probably aimed largely at those who are new to DSLR's and have little to no technical experience or understanding. Imagine the disaster of having a person with those credentials fiddling around with afma values

Yes. Surely not everyone is a DSLR professor like you... ::)

Upvote 0
haha, afma is like fourth or fifth thing down the list if you are doing it right....

Oh my shots not in focus... it must be afma...

More like..

Your technique
Your settings
AF lock and recompose focus shift

Must be afma though, has to be, got to be.

Not saying it's never afma. Just that most folk don't get to the point where that actually matters too much.

You don't use back button focus? Try that before you dick about with AFMA

You don't use any form of support? ("Duh, I have an IS lens") Try that before you dick about with AFMA

Too slow a shutter, too wide an aperture, too close a subject distance.... all things to sort before dicking about with AFMA.

Oh but you missed a shot... Yeah, OF COURSE it's AFMA.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Tinky said:
haha, afma is like fourth or fifth thing down the list if you are doing it right....

More like..

Your technique
Your settings

Not saying it's never afma. Just that most folk don't get to the point where that actually matters too much.

You don't use any form of support? ("Duh, I have an IS lens") Try that before you dick about with AFMA

Too slow a shutter, too wide an aperture, too close a subject distance.... all things to sort before dicking about with AFMA.

I've had four bodies and around 20 AF lenses. All but a handful of combinations needed some amount of AFMA.

Not everyone has high standards and wants the best performance their gear can deliver. Some who do are too lazy to make the effort. As long as they're happy with their output, that's fine for them.

Upvote 0
Maiaibing said:
IglooEater said:
Maiaibing said:
-1 said:
Those of us that still like to use still cameras using the viewfinder might think that the absence of MFA, Micro Focusing Adjustment is a big turnoff in a new DSLR...
Astonished that not all newer Canon DSLR's have MA. I would never even consider buying a DSLR without. :eek:

Remember that rebels are probably aimed largely at those who are new to DSLR's and have little to no technical experience or understanding. Imagine the disaster of having a person with those credentials fiddling around with afma values

Yes. Surely not everyone is a DSLR professor like you... ::)

Hmm.. didn't mean to sound snobbish there. Sorry about that. For the record I have not one AFMA'd lens, and wouldn't know in the least how to do it. I just meant afma is more likely to mess things up than correct things for a person like me who doesn't know what he's doing.

Upvote 0
neuroanatomist said:
Tinky said:

More like..

Your technique
Your settings

I've had four bodies and around 20 AF lenses. All but a handful of combinations needed some amount of AFMA.

Not everyone has high standards and wants the best performance their gear can deliver. Some who do are too lazy to make the effort. As long as they're happy with their output, that's fine for them.

You misrepresent. Again.

Again, again, again.

It's the rebel end of the market.

Rebels have never had afma.

There are other things to get right first.

Congratulations on your afma experience. I know it's vital when you photograph so many flight cases.

Clap.

Clap.

Clap.

Clap.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Tinky said:
You misrepresent. Again.

Again, again, again.

It's the rebel end of the market.

Rebels have never had afma.

I see you are still prone to making ASSumptions. One of my four cameras was a Rebel T1i/500D, and one of my lenses (the 100L macro, which cost more than the body) needed AFMA on that body. Obviously, no adjustment was possible (short of sending the lens to Canon), but the need was there – consistent backfocus.

Tinky said:
Clap.

Clap.

Clap.

Clap.

Sorry to hear you have the clap. You really should have a doctor look at that, it's easily treated. Be more careful next time...

Upvote 0

YuengLinger

Print the ones you love.
CR Pro
Dec 20, 2012
USA
Tinky said:

More like..

Your technique
Your settings

It's hard for photographers to have both good camera skills and people skills. You remind me of the clerks who are partly responsible for local camera shops, and even a chain or two, being out of business. "The customer is never right!"

Upvote 0
neuroanatomist said:
One of my four cameras was a Rebel T1i/500D, and one of my lenses (the 100L macro, which cost more than the body) needed AFMA on that body.

Sorry to hear you have the clap. You really should have a doctor look at that, it's easily treated. Be more careful next time...

Sorry to hear you use AF for Macro.

Yeah, my Doctor said it's something to do with keeping certain kinds of company.

Upvote 0
YuengLinger said:
It's hard for photographers to have both good camera skills and people skills. You remind me of the clerks who are partly responsible for local camera shops, and even a chain or two, being out of business. "The customer is never right!"

Are you my customer?

Many years ago when I worked in camera retail I got on fine with customers. I didn't patronise, didn't molly coddle, didn't blow smoke up their assess. I was direct and honest. And had plenty of repeat customers who valued that.

Now I run my own creative business a large part of my skillset is managing expectations. There are ways of talking to folk. The timbre doesn't always come across from writing.. hey ho.

Somebody said AFMA. I made the point, that I stand by, that there are other things to get right first. That doesn't negate AFMA. Just I've seen folk set it up terribly and get into a guddle. Sometimes a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing.

If the customer wants AFMA, they'll need to spend more money. And any camera shop clerk would tell you that.

Upvote 0
neuroanatomist said:
Sorry to hear you lack the imagination and understanding that the 100/2.8L can be used for more than just macro shooting. Sad.

For once, I agree. The 100mm L is a magic lens that allows you to see the surrounding world in another way.
It is the only piece of glass that I ever got close to stealing. Yet again, the guy who lent it to me does not seem to understand its potential at all. Could it be that people have their particular focal lengths they see in? Like I used to see in 35mm and now I see in 50mm. Is it an aging process?

Upvote 0