Carnivores in the Wild

Another carnivore in the wild, an African wild dog crossing water in the Okavango Delta, Botswana. Image with a Canon 1DX Mark 2 (beta) and EF 500L f4 IS ii. S/s 1/1250sec at f4, iso 200.
And thanks for the comments on my ealier leopard post ScottF, MrFF and DSLR dummy. I am not too good at figuring out how to work with the windows for comments and responses on this forum I am afraid.
Great bear shot also Triggermike - like the shape made by the bears jaws!
Cheers
Grant

Attachments

• Grant-Atkinson-Sandibe_M1_1208_0189.jpg
    Grant-Atkinson-Sandibe_M1_1208_0189.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 327
Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
Grant Atkinson said:
Another carnivore in the wild, an African wild dog crossing water in the Okavango Delta, Botswana. Image with a Canon 1DX Mark 2 (beta) and EF 500L f4 IS ii. S/s 1/1250sec at f4, iso 200.
And thanks for the comments on my ealier leopard post ScottF, MrFF and DSLR dummy. I am not too good at figuring out how to work with the windows for comments and responses on this forum I am afraid.
Cheers
Grant

Great shot, Grant.

Upvote 0
Aug 28, 2012
Grant Atkinson said:
Cheers
Grant
Really nice capture Grant. Great to see the wild dog numbers increasing across southern Africa. Have seen them on both trips I have made there in the last couple of years (Zambia and Botswana). Keep posting.
Cheers,
Phillip

Upvote 0

falcnr

1DX & 5DSR Canon glass
May 3, 2015
A couple pf carnivore images that come quickly to hand off the hard drive. Taken with 1DX the Grizzly bear with the hangover was in Alaska, (it was a good night) ...and the snarling leopard was in Sri Lanka and the howling coyote was in Banff, Canada long after sunset.

Attachments

• 2990 Manfrotto, mammals.jpg
    2990 Manfrotto, mammals.jpg
    606 KB · Views: 288
  • 8973.jpg
    8973.jpg
    716 KB · Views: 296
  • 1222 Manfrotto Mammals.jpg
    1222 Manfrotto Mammals.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 315
Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Falcnr.
Nice series of shots, particularly like the first one the title fits really well.

Cheers, Graham.

falcnr said:
A couple pf carnivore images that come quickly to hand off the hard drive. Taken with 1DX the Grizzly bear with the hangover was in Alaska, (it was a good night) ...and the snarling leopard was in Sri Lanka and the howling coyote was in Banff, Canada long after sunset.

Upvote 0

Krob78

When in Doubt, Press the Shutter...
Aug 8, 2012
The Florida Peninsula
Valvebounce said:
Hi Falcnr.
Nice series of shots, particularly like the first one the title fits really well.

Cheers, Graham.

falcnr said:

Very nice indeed! 8)

Upvote 0

digigal

Traveling the world one step at a time.
CR Pro
Aug 26, 2014
Just returned 2 weeks ago from photographing tigers in the wild in India. Had a couple of good sightings at the first park (Bandhvgarth) but the second one was a bust. Here are a couple of pics both taken with the 7DMKII and the 100-400 II (was a dynamite combination) except that I had to use a high ISO because of the low light most of the time.
Catherine

Attachments

• TigerWildBengelMale.jpg
    TigerWildBengelMale.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 349
  • TigerWildBengelFemale.jpg
    TigerWildBengelFemale.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 326
Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi digigal.
Excellent shots of a couple of beautiful subjects. Well done, thanks for sharing.

Cheers, Graham.

digigal said:
Just returned 2 weeks ago from photographing tigers in the wild in India. Had a couple of good sightings at the first park (Bandhvgarth) but the second one was a bust. Here are a couple of pics both taken with the 7DMKII and the 100-400 II (was a dynamite combination) except that I had to use a high ISO because of the low light most of the time.
Catherine

Upvote 0