Carnivores in the Wild

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Sanj.
Very emotive shot. With regard to your question, is it too orange, is this how you remember the scene looking, or were you trying to create a feeling of golden hour light?
In the former case, no it is not too orange, in the latter case then yes a little. :)

Cheers, Graham.

sanj said:
7D. 600mm I. Many moons ago. Namibia.

Upvote 0

JPAZ

If only I knew what I was doing.....
CR Pro
Sep 8, 2012
Southwest USA
Good news / Bad news. These Crocs are no longer backlit but they just sat there so no action. Taken from a boat in Lake Chamo, Ethiopia......

Attachments

• Devious Crocs 3-1.jpg
    Devious Crocs 3-1.jpg
    813.4 KB · Views: 281
  • Devious Crocs 2-1.jpg
    Devious Crocs 2-1.jpg
    813.6 KB · Views: 264
  • Devious Crocs-1.jpg
    Devious Crocs-1.jpg
    983.8 KB · Views: 289
Upvote 0
Jan 22, 2012
Valvebounce said:
Hi Sanj.
Very emotive shot. With regard to your question, is it too orange, is this how you remember the scene looking, or were you trying to create a feeling of golden hour light?
In the former case, no it is not too orange, in the latter case then yes a little. :)

Cheers, Graham.

sanj said:
7D. 600mm I. Many moons ago. Namibia.

Thank you Graham.
It was early morning. First light. So it was orange. But perhaps not so much. :)

Upvote 0
Recent photo of American black bear in Crescent Meadow, Sequoia National Park, USA.

Not the best photo. I only had my 70-200 f2.8L (on a 1D4) and really needed much longer. This photo has been cropped quite a bit (300% maybe). Due to the foliage in front of bear, I could not shoot at f2.8 because leaves in front would be sharp and bear would be out of focus. Bear was too small in viewfinder to see clearly for manual focus. So I stopped down to f8 and let autofocus lock on leaves and trust depth of field to keep bear relatively sharp.

Attachments

• BV8C2368.JPG
    BV8C2368.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 284
Upvote 0
On my first ever Kruger safari in 2002 at Sabi Sabi, we were following a pride of lions hunting 3 Waterbuck. One of the lions was called 'one eye' for obvious reasons. Happened in a nasty fight. He always lagged at the rear of any hunt. As I found out when watching the main event and he rubbed himself against the door of our vehicle and then did the same to our tracker's left leg who was in the jockey seat on the front wing. He gave me a look from about 2 feet that I will never forget.

Upvote 0