Cars cars cars (and some bikes)

tomscott

Photographer & Graphic Designer
N0. 78 1965 2.0 Porsche 911 Classic GT Cars (pre '66) Silverstone Classics 2016 by Tom Scott, on Flickr

1965 2.0 Porsche 911 Classic GT Cars (pre '66)

Heres another from Silverstone Classics 2016.

Nothing more thrilling than watching a 911 drifting through Abbey, the first bend at Silverstone Classic. Especially when your only a few feet away! One of my favourite cars of all time especially as the sun goes down in full attack mode! Fantastic race.

Canon 7DMKII 24-70 F2.8

50mm F5.6 1/100th ISO 100

Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Guy.
At last, until now I thought I was the only one who thought a Porsche 911 was like turning a pendulum clock upside down and expecting it to work as before. :)

Cheers, Graham.

GuyF said:
tomscott said:
Nothing more thrilling than watching a 911 drifting through Abbey...

...and seeing it pirouette into the Armco.

Terrific shot, great light. Got any of the ensuing carnage from the tail-happy Porsche Pendulum?

Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Guy.
There is a simple rule for 911's and some of the older rear drive cars I drive, if you think you went in to the corner too fast it will be if you lift off, if you know you went in to the corner too fast it doesn't matter what you do! ;D

Cheers, Graham.
Ps, not saving for one but wouldn't say no if I was given one!

GuyF said:
Valvebounce said:
Hi Guy.
At last, until now I thought I was the only one who thought a Porsche 911 was like turning a pendulum clock upside down and expecting it to work as before. :)

Cheers, Graham.

Yeah, but I still want one! (mutters to self don't lift off in corners, don't lift off in corners, don't lift off.......)

Upvote 0

Roo

CR Pro
Sep 12, 2013
Melbourne
Valvebounce said:
Hi Roo.
The weather might have been terrible, but you wouldn't have got the first shot on dry tarmac! :)
Nice set of shots.

Cheers, Graham.

Roo said:
Time for some new ones here :D Motorclassica was on here this weekend. Terrible weather but the cars were good :)

Thanks Graham! You're right about the first shot (it's a nice follow on to the previous 911 discussion too!). Everyone was running inside and I was one of the few to stay out shooting.

nice series Arthur :)

Upvote 0

Roo

CR Pro
Sep 12, 2013
Melbourne
I went to a custom car show on the weekend and this 57 Ford Ranchero stood out a bit from the other cars. Using 58 Edsel taillights in Australia was especially inspired with their boomerang shapes. ;D

Attachments

• Keilor Rotary Car Show (46 of 123).jpg
    Keilor Rotary Car Show (46 of 123).jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 175
  • Keilor Rotary Car Show (49 of 123).jpg
    Keilor Rotary Car Show (49 of 123).jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 185
  • Keilor Rotary Car Show (51 of 123).jpg
    Keilor Rotary Car Show (51 of 123).jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 170
Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Folks.
Thought I would resurrect this thread a bit, well not really me, my 5yr old Nephew Henry took these with my old 20D, first time he ever held it.
I was really pleased as my brother said it was my risk if Henry broke it. He was incredible with it, really careful, the only thing was by the end of the day he would say may I have my camera please! Seems like I may be going to loose my 20D! :eek: Oh and he left me with 320 shots to sort through! ::) ;D
I have cropped and straightened most of them, I hope to get him hooked then work on improving his technique and getting him off P later, don't want to push him too hard too soon. ;)

IMG_3418_DxO by Graham Stretch, on Flickr

IMG_3475_DxO by Graham Stretch, on Flickr

IMG_3510_DxO by Graham Stretch, on Flickr

IMG_3538_DxO by Graham Stretch, on Flickr

Henry at work with me in the background. He pretty much found this shot himselt with a very long shot and I just encouraged him in closer.
IMG_3530_DxO by Graham Stretch, on Flickr
I wonder is it wrong to ask if some of you would be kind enough to take a look at his shots and perhaps offer him a bit of encouragement please.
Henry's Album on my Flickr.
Thank you.

Cheers, Graham.

Upvote 0
Jan 1, 2013
ValveBounce,
You may loose more than your 20D :mad: . You may have to get an SL1 and loose it to your nephew 8) ;D !
He's a good shooter!
-r

Valvebounce said:
Hi Folks.
Thought I would resurrect this thread a bit, well not really me, my 5yr old Nephew Henry took these with my old 20D, first time he ever held it.
I was really pleased as my brother said it was my risk if Henry broke it. He was incredible with it, really careful, the only thing was by the end of the day he would say may I have my camera please! Seems like I may be going to loose my 20D! :eek: Oh and he left me with 320 shots to sort through! ::) ;D
I have cropped and straightened most of them, I hope to get him hooked then work on improving his technique and getting him off P later, don't want to push him too hard too soon. ;)

Henry at work with me in the background. He pretty much found this shot himselt with a very long shot and I just encouraged him in closer.

I wonder is it wrong to ask if some of you would be kind enough to take a look at his shots and perhaps offer him a bit of encouragement please.
Thank you.

Cheers, Graham.

Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Lion rock.
Despite not using it much I can't see Auntie Angela relinquishing her SL1 (100D here) plus I can easily transfer to the 20D (and maybe once I'm sure I can trust him with more valuable gear) the 40D or 7D, I don't get on well with the SL1, I find it hard to change settings though it is a nice small camera!

Cheers, Graham.

lion rock said:
ValveBounce,
You may loose more than your 20D :mad: . You may have to get an SL1 and loose it to your nephew 8) ;D !
He's a good shooter!
-r

Valvebounce said:
Hi Folks.

Thank you.

Cheers, Graham.

Upvote 0
Jan 1, 2013
ValveBounce,
Kids are really adept and adapt to using modern electronic equipment. They don't need manuals.
But 100D is really easy to hold with small hands and rather light weight.
Got my daughter one, and a diving case too, and she likes it for shooting when travelling.

But, you have to decide what to do; he may very well take to racing, and in which case, it calls for a Maserati ::) 8) ;D ;D ! Hate to be in your shoes.
-r

Valvebounce said:
Hi Lion rock.
Despite not using it much I can't see Auntie Angela relinquishing her SL1 (100D here) plus I can easily transfer to the 20D (and maybe once I'm sure I can trust him with more valuable gear) the 40D or 7D, I don't get on well with the SL1, I find it hard to change settings though it is a nice small camera!

Cheers, Graham.

lion rock said:
ValveBounce,
He's a good shooter!
-r

Valvebounce said:
Hi Folks.

Thank you.

Cheers, Graham.

Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Roo.
Thanks.
Congrats on the new motor, is that from the VW stable, Alltrack, is that a version of the Quattro driveline?

Cheers, Graham.

Roo said:
Excellent stuff Graham! I saw some of the pics on flickr and hoped you may have revived this thread...I had no idea of the back story - well done Henry!

Here's a shot I took on the weekend of my new ride :D

Upvote 0