Changing (video) camera settings on EOS R while filming from a gimbal (and walking)

Hi, i need to shoot a walk from outside (bright sunlight) to inside a building (not so bright artificial light). Brightness level and color temperature change a lot when entering the building. So I need to adapt ISO and white balance on the fly. I use the Moza Air 2 gimbal that doesn't support changing camera parameters on the grip (yet). it there a way to quickly change the settings without touching the camera? Best way would be to just switch from C1 to C2 via a remote. EOS camera connect doesn't seem to be able to do this. Anyone knows any other option for this task? Thanks in advance!

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
This just a different way of thinking of it, BUT....does this show have to be continuous?

I was thinking you have your outdoor settings as is...and walk fully through the door on first take.

Then, stop the film.......set your indoor settings.....step back out the door, start video and walk in.......and then in post, edit the two shots together, maybe have a flare or something on the transition to hide the edit?

Other than that, there are some camera controllers out there, you can hook into the Canon DSLR's...I did a DIY type thing, was so so, on ...I used an android cheap tablet with some open source software and used a wireless controller you could hook to a camera, mine is a Canon 5D3. I used it mostly for remote stills taking, but you can do video with it too, and change settings on fly....I can't remember exactly what it was, but was a DIY way of doing something a paid version does for a good bit more $$.

Anyway the easiest would be if you could do the edit, but lemme see if I can come up and figure what I used a long time back.

What camera are you using?

cayenne

Upvote 0
Hi cayenne. Thanks for the thoughts. Editing is the obvious workaround, but continuous is still the aim. As I said, I am using the EOS R. It seems however (I just found out) that the Moza Air 2 gimbal now also supports the EOS R. This might solve my problem, although a remote system would still be better. Actually, in theory I could use the Canon connect app to crank up the ISO (at least) on the fly, but mostly it's not responsive enough and I certainly cannot change the ISO and the white balance in one go. Anyway, thanks for the advise!

Upvote 0