Cicada, Big Insect by EF 100 mm F/ 2.8 L IS USM

surapon

80% BY HEART, 15% BY LENSES AND ONLY 5% BY CAMERA
Aug 2, 2013
APEX, NORTH CAROLINA, USA.
Dear Friends.
Last year, 2013 was the year that the insects name Cicada come from the ground after 17 years in the deep ground, And they sing the sweet / loud song days and night for 2 days of MATING SEASON, Lay the eggs, and they die.
I just grab my 5D MK II with This Awesome Macro Lens 100 MM F/ 2.8 L IS USM and shoot the insects.
Enjoy, and wait another 17 years, until they come back again---In Apex, North Carolina, USA, my dear home town.
Surapon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cicada

Attachments

• B-1.jpg
    B-1.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 1,799
  • B-2.jpg
    B-2.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 1,773
  • B-3.jpg
    B-3.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 1,765
  • B-4.jpg
    B-4.jpg
    309.1 KB · Views: 1,831
Reactions: 1 user

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
Upvote 0

Rienzphotoz

Peace unto all ye Canon, Nikon & Sony shooters
Aug 22, 2012
Rienzphotoz said:
surapon said:
Cicada come from the ground after 17 years in the deep ground, And they sing the sweet / loud song days and night for 2 days of MATING SEASON,
Surapon
That's a long wait for sex ;D
mjbehnke said:
I wish it was only that long... I'm married. ;D
I am sorry to hear that ... please accept my heartfelt sympathy ;D

Upvote 0

Rienzphotoz

Peace unto all ye Canon, Nikon & Sony shooters
Aug 22, 2012
surapon said:
Ha, Ha, Ha---Dear Friends, We still have many members in CR = under 18 years young---NO, WE CAN NOT TALK ABOUT SEX IN THIS POST---Ha, Ha, Ha.
Have a great Sunday.
Surapon
Dear Surapon, sorry ... I forgot you are still 16 ;D ... by the way its the under 18 people who are having it more than us. ;D

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
mrsfotografie said:
Interesting animals. There's a lot of detail in your photo's Surapon! The ones with the red background, are they in direct sunlight or did you use some type of artificial lighting?

Dear friend mrsfotografie.
No I did not use any special light at all, But the red Background = I Find the Cicada insect around my tree, and Bring them to lay on my Sample of Artificail rubber Floor for outdoor track that I have = Red Color too, with Rough/ Surface for Traction---Yes, Directed Sun light at that time.
Have a great Sunday afternoon.
Surapon

Upvote 0
surapon said:
mrsfotografie said:
Interesting animals. There's a lot of detail in your photo's Surapon! The ones with the red background, are they in direct sunlight or did you use some type of artificial lighting?

No I did not use any special light at all, But the red Background = I Find the Cicada insect around my tree, and Bring them to lay on my Sample of Artificail rubber Floor for outdoor track that I have = Red Color too, with Rough/ Surface for Traction---Yes, Directed Sun light at that time.
Surapon

Thank you, Surapon! I got my 100L macro yesterday, so very interested in the pictures this lens can take ;)

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
mrsfotografie said:
surapon said:
mrsfotografie said:

Surapon

Thank you, Surapon! I got my 100L macro yesterday, so very interested in the pictures this lens can take ;)
Congratulation, This 100 L IS, not only great for the Macro Photography, But at F = 2.8 / wide open = Great for Portrait Photography too. You will love this lend, If you set F = 16.0 at AV. Mode and shoot at directed sun , between the woods, You will get the awesome Photos.
Good luck.
Surapon

Attachments

• AL-1.jpg
    AL-1.jpg
    369.2 KB · Views: 564
  • AL-2.jpg
    AL-2.jpg
    353.7 KB · Views: 573
Upvote 0
Badger said:

Congratulations on the new lens. Would you be so kind as to post some head shots? I am very interested in this lens as a portrait lens.

I think a search on this matter will be more helpful than anything I can do at the moment (working week has started) :(

Upvote 0