C'mon Aussies

Oct 16, 2010
Aussie! Aussie! Aussie!

Hi, I'm from Brisbane.

First time poster, but I love this site and check it out most days. I'm still stuck in film land - mostly medium format with an RB67, but I've also got a few canon film bodies (favourite being an elan 7e / AKA eos 30) with some very nice lenses - and this site stops me blowing a lot of cash on a new dslr.

For a while I was thinking of buying a 50d, but then the rumours of a 60D appeared, so I thought I'd wait. Then the 7D came out and I thought that'd be the camera for me. But the 60D rumours continued, so I thought I'd wait. Now the 60D is out people seem a bit underwhelmed. And I've noticed that the rumours of the 5D Mkiii are starting to come in. So maybe I'll wait for the new 5D. Maybe I'll wait for a 70D. Anyway, I'm happy with what I'm using.

That being said, I'd love to see rumours of a new 400mm f5.6 L with IS come out, now that our dollar has come back up again.

Upvote 0
Thanks, L. In theory, you're right. I spend a small fortune on film, developer, paper etc each year. It all adds up. I'd save quite a bit of money (and time) by going digital. Deep down, I think my real reason for not picking up a DSLR is that I spend all day in front of a computer at work (In fact, that's where I am now). The last thing I want to do is be in front of a computer at home. Besides, my wife's happy with my photos - I'm happy getting that far!

Upvote 0
L

L-Fletcher

Don't you spend enough time in the darkroom, too? ;)

One of the few things I really love about using Lightroom is the ability to save and apply presets in batches. I go through each and tweak, as I have to in order to make sure they're perfect for selling, but they are still excellent without. Or more to the point, you can just shoot in general with JPEG. :)

Upvote 0
Oct 16, 2010
Following up from one of my earlier posts, thought you guys might be interested to hear that I've joined the 21st century and picked up a second hand 30D on the weekend. Was considering buying something new, but I've been noticing a decline in film camera prices in the last couple of months and with the fall in the US dollar, ended up buying another medium format camera - a mamiya 6 - last week as well. I've been interested in one of these for years and unfortunately, my camera budget only stretches so far. But two new cameras to play with over summer and I'm excited about that!

Upvote 0
V

visionphotos

Not a real Aussie but I've been living here for 5 years and all my photography passion started here.

here is my website , www.visionphotos.com.au

I like take pictures of wildlife and landscapes (natural or man made).

Own a 30D and a 7D
Lenses are Canon and Tokina

For the 3D : canon 18-135mm IS and a canon 70-300mm IS USM (this kit i use it for parties and a bit more dangerous places).
For the 7D : canon 50mm f1.4 USM, canon 100mm IS USM f2.8L Macro, canon 100-400 USM L, Tokina 11-16 ATXPro f2.8 & Tokina AF Pro 28-70 f2.8.

Plus accessories : Filters, flashes, etc...

Upvote 0