Companies that process RAW files

Status
Not open for further replies.
aa_angus said:
Wow, first time I checked this thread in a while. I'm so surprised by some of the comments I read! Very few people in here seem to have a clue about the basics of business! I have everything sorted out now, turns out there are many wonderful options out there when it comes to outsourcing editing! I'm already getting my weekdays back, it's brilliant :D

The turnaround time for clients has greatly improved, and I'm providing work for others. Really everybody involved is winning. So glad I went down this path rather than listening to the vast majority of you! xx

please do come back after a month or two and let us know how it works out in the longer term.

Upvote 0
Mikehit said:
Good to hear you've got it sorted to your satisfaction. Out of interest aa_angus are the contractors doing the full processing all the way to completing those for the final album or preparing the shots for you to do the final editing tweaks?

Good question. That's gotta be a first around here ;)
So far the jobs I've sent out have been edited to completion. That is of course, after I have given the all clear after viewing sample edits of each main lighting scenario. I closely inspect each catalogue, and so far none have required me to make touch ups.

Upvote 0
pwp said:
takesome1 said:
aa_angus said:
Wow, first time I checked this thread in a while. I'm so surprised by some of the comments I read! Very few people in here seem to have a clue about the basics of business! I have everything sorted out now, turns out there are many wonderful options out there when it comes to outsourcing editing! I'm already getting my weekdays back, it's brilliant :D

The turnaround time for clients has greatly improved, and I'm providing work for others. Really everybody involved is winning. So glad I went down this path rather than listening to the vast majority of you! xx

Wow, it has been like 3 days since you posted and look at all the changes in your business.. You must be a master at operating a photography business now.

:eek: Yep it's a world record. ;)
Business management seminars coming next?

-pw

lol, have fun sitting around waiting for people to post on these forums. I bet you're fat, single, ugly, and take horrible photos. Get a life xx

Upvote 0
I've started offering graphic design services a few years ago and ended up doing photo retouching most of the time. And I love it. Needless to say most of the clients are photographers.

They send photos for edit/retouch because they don't have enough time. And their clients expect the photos pretty quick after the shooting.

You can check my website

Removed by Mod - Members can sent a message if they want to know. This site is not for self advertisement.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.