Compatibility of Tokina interchangeable lenses with the Canon EOS R

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
From Tokina:
We have thoroughly tested all current Tokina interchangeable lenses (Canon EF mount) with the Canon EOS R mirrorless camera and the Canon EF-EOS R mount adapter.
The results confirm that the current Tokina lens models showed no issues in general operations, with the following exception:

Tokina AT-X 17-35 F4 PRO FX

Issue: the image Cropping/Aspect ratio would be fixed at “1.6x (Crop)” and cannot be set at “Full (3:2)”.
We are currently preparing a firmware to fix the issue, which will be specifically notified about in due time.

Furthermore, when using Tokina APS-C format lenses (Tokina DX lenses), in case the Cropping/Aspect ratio is set otherwise, it is necessary to reset it on “1.6x (Crop)” manually. When shooting with a different Cropping/Aspect ratio setting, vignetting is likely to occur.
For any questions about the compatibility of Tokina interchangeable lenses with Canon EOS R mirrorless cameras, please contact us via the...

Continue reading...

Mar 25, 2011
I have a old discontinued tokina 17mm f/3.5 that seemed to work fine for the brief time I tried it on my R. My type of photography generally does not include focal lengths wider than about 28mm, but I keep it around, just in case. I've had wider lenses, but sold them all, virtually unused. If the 28-70 f/2 weren't so big, heavy, and expensive, I'd be more interested.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0