Correction: Canon is bringing us an RF 24-105mm f/4-7.1 IS STM Macro

Jethro

EOS R
CR Pro
Jul 14, 2018
Cheap kit lens, for the incomming cheap R6. They target ignorant new entrants customers.
Nothing for us here, not for the gear nerds.
Gee, we were all 'new entrants' to FF at some stage, so you're effectively calling everyone 'ignorant'. Very helpful. Kit lenses, if of decent quality, can be a great buy.

Reactions: 9 users
Upvote 0
Gee, we were all 'new entrants' to FF at some stage, so you're effectively calling everyone 'ignorant'. Very helpful. Kit lenses, if of decent quality, can be a great buy.
95% of peoples never read forums, barelly open the manual, have no clue what f7.1 means, and don't really care. They just buy one camera or another and shoot auto.
If you feel offended, are you in those 95% ?

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0

Jethro

EOS R
CR Pro
Jul 14, 2018
95% of peoples never read forums, barelly open the manual, have no clue what f7.1 means, and don't really care. They just buy one camera or another and shoot auto.
If you feel offended, are you in those 95% ?
I'd have to care rather more about what you said to be offended. I do care about keeping the level of discussion on these threads at a respectful level, and that doesn't (in my opinion) include describing 95% of the photography gear market as ignorant.

Reactions: 7 users
Upvote 0
Wow people don't seem to have a grip on reality tonight. f/7.1, that's only good for a paper weight, a rebel user, ignorant new entrants customers, batting practice...... seriously folks, need to go home if the clouds come out!? Talk to the people that have spent 3k to mount a 100-400 on a 1.4x and shoot at f/8, or a 2x at f/11. Lots of people shooting sports and wildlife with those combinations and quite happy with the results when a 10k option isn't an option - but they (me) must be ignorant for being happy with these results.

If the price is right, the lens small, and image quality decent, this lens will make a lot of people happy.

Reactions: 11 users
Upvote 0

slclick

EOS 3
Dec 17, 2013
Wow people don't seem to have a grip on reality tonight. f/7.1, that's only good for a paper weight, a rebel user, ignorant new entrants customers, batting practice...... seriously folks, need to go home if the clouds come out!? Talk to the people that have spent 3k to mount a 100-400 on a 1.4x and shoot at f/8, or a 2x at f/11. Lots of people shooting sports and wildlife with those combinations and quite happy with the results when a 10k option isn't an option - but they (me) must be ignorant for being happy with these results.

If the price is right, the lens small, and image quality decent, this lens will make a lot of people happy.
OMG you read my mind about reading this and thinking about shooting at f/8 with that same combo (this morning) and not once thinking about wanting 'more' just working with what I had.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0