Correction: Canon is bringing us an RF 24-105mm f/4-7.1 IS STM Macro

SecureGSM

2 x 5D IV
Feb 26, 2017
Spending $1,499 plus $450 on a fantastic kit to capture memories at a much better quality than my phone can do.

+++++ They are capturing memories at a better quality than their phone can produce, and have the disposable income to spend $1,199 on a kit to do so.

Your case is rather an exception then: You spent $2,000.00 on a fantastic kit despite other non photographers have only a disposable income of $1,199 to spend on capturing their better than phone images of their memorable moments. Well, no. Those people do not have a habit of Hanging around photography related forums. Which in my books make you stand out in three instances so far.
1. You spend nearly two time what you expect typical non photographer to spend on their kit.
2. You are here engaging in photography related conversations
3. You have judgments about wide range of photography use cases and believe that your experience is adequate enough to speak with authority ( I refer to your post where you refer to your experiences with 24-200 lens, etc)

You are a photography enthusiast my friend. Not that mythical crowd who invest $1,199.00
In taking better pictures. They have invested in better iphones my friend that take better photos.
And these phones are taking 100mpix photos, with multiple lenses (computational photography), offer in camera image editing, are connected and cognitive.
That ship has sailed. Canon R cameras are Pro and enthusiast oriented. Here you have it.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
+++++ They are capturing memories at a better quality than their phone can produce, and have the disposable income to spend $1,199 on a kit to do so.

Your case is rather an exception then: You spent $2,000.00 on a fantastic kit despite other non photographers have only a disposable income of $1,199 to spend on capturing their better than phone images of their memorable moments. Well, no. Those people do not have a habit of Hanging around photography related forums. Which in my books make you stand out in three instances so far.
1. You spend nearly two time what you expect typical non photographer to spend on their kit.
2. You are here engaging in photography related conversations
3. You have judgments about wide range of photography use cases and believe that your experience is adequate enough to speak with authority ( I refer to your post where you refer to your experiences with 24-200 lens, etc)

You are a photography enthusiast my friend. Not that mythical crowd who invest $1,199.00
In taking better pictures. They have invested in better iphones my friend that take better photos.
And these phones are taking 100mpix photos, with multiple lenses (computational photography), offer in camera image editing, are connected and cognitive.
That ship has sailed. Canon R cameras are Pro and enthusiast oriented. Here you have it.

I graduated to enthusiast! Barely knew that there was an exposure triangle around the first of the year.

I do take this as a compliment. I really only think as someone trying to capture memories.

But insomnia has paid dividends in much reading and watching post purchase. Happy with what I was able to capture this week in Disney World, but had some misses and wasn’t very confident as circumstances changed. Outdoor characters with the kids in the sun vs the shade vs in door under studio lights, etc. Lots to consider and far from intuitive.

Upvote 0

SecureGSM

2 x 5D IV
Feb 26, 2017
I graduated to enthusiast! Barely knew that there was an exposure triangle around the first of the year.

I do take this as a compliment. I really only think as someone trying to capture memories.

But insomnia has paid dividends in much reading and watching post purchase. Happy with what I was able to capture this week in Disney World, but had some misses and wasn’t very confident as circumstances changed. Outdoor characters with the kids in the sun vs the shade vs in door under studio lights, etc. Lots to consider and far from intuitive.
You have indeed entered a steep learning photography curve by now. You will gain an experience and better skills but please stay focused on The purpose and learn what you can. Technology is just a tool that assist in unleashing your creativity.

Attachments

• FBF049CF-60E3-42E3-9900-A39604E0C858.jpeg
    FBF049CF-60E3-42E3-9900-A39604E0C858.jpeg
    365.1 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0