D600 High ISO Examples

Status
Not open for further replies.
ishdakuteb said:
suggest to check for dust more frequently with your new camera since nikon d600 has sensor's dust spots problems... i am not goin' to post link into this forum since i am not pretty sure whether i am going violate any thing with that; however, google key search would be "Nikon D600 sensor’s dust spots caused by a gap around the shutter?"

Right, because dust will frequently and in good quantity enter the weather sealed body? If you're the sort of guy that likes to leave the lens and body cap off when you store your camera then dust will certainly build up in that spot, but also everywhere else in the mirror box. But, I didn't read up on any of this so I don't know, are there actually users experiencing dust clogging up the camera? Or is this a another hugely overblown issue like the left AF point on the D800? Because that one's real!

As for the D600 being able to take pics at ISO 6400, ok, better than my camera, but these are pics with in-camera JPG NR + some post NR, and I see some ugly noise in the backgrounds. Frankly I considered switching, but my gear won't let me, and for high ISO Canon has managed to keep rather pleasing grainy noise, even at ISO 10,000 with no NR. And we can expect the same performance from the 6D, just nobody's sure about the AF and everything else yet....

Upvote 0
jjsanc2 said:
Skin tones are orange...which seems to be a hallmark of Nikon FF sensors. Nothing that can't be fixed in post, but I grew tired of dealing with it and switched back to Canon. Thankfully, short of MP count, the 5D3 is equivalent to most of Nikon's current offerings (D4 notwithstanding).

Actually they are really true to the light. The light is really weird in his house (multiple lamps with differently colored shades). The way the photos look is pretty much spot on to what it looked like that night.

Upvote 0
Nishi Drew said:
As for the D600 being able to take pics at ISO 6400, ok, better than my camera, but these are pics with in-camera JPG NR + some post NR, and I see some ugly noise in the backgrounds. Frankly I considered switching, but my gear won't let me, and for high ISO Canon has managed to keep rather pleasing grainy noise, even at ISO 10,000 with no NR. And we can expect the same performance from the 6D, just nobody's sure about the AF and everything else yet....

So, since that night I've upgraded to Lightroom4 and have now been able to process RAWs shot at 6400.... and damn they look good. I haven't been applying any NR because the photos look great without it. There is a lot of noise, but like you say, it's very fine grained and melts away when outputting lower res versions of the photo while a bunch of detail is still retained.

It will be interesting to see how the 6D stacks up for sure...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.