Deal: Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II $7999 (Reg $9999) and Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II $9499 (Reg $11499)

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
There are big savings on two very popular and discontinued Canon super telephoto lenses at our exclusive affiliate partner Adorama. You can save $2000 on these classic super telephoto lenses, which is a great deal from an authorized dealer.

Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II $7999 (Reg $9999)
Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II $9499 (Reg $11499)
Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS III $11999
Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS III $12999

We’re not sure how long these deals are going to last, so act quickly if you’re in the market for a new big white.

Continue reading...

I think the critical thing from reviews of the new Mark III will be performance with teleconverters. The Mark II shrugged them off and you didn't notice much IQ degradation. If the Mark III does as well, these Mark IIs will continue to be discounted even further over time. If, however, the Mark III doesn't do quite as well with TCs, then I could see the Mark IIs hanging around for quite some time and not go much below this price.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Was in local camera shop last week when shop assistant tells me they have a new 400mm F2.8L IS II for just over 8K Sing dollar
Was bonus time so left them with an empty box and strolled home with my new toy over my shoulder
Paid S$8450 which is about $6200 US

Would you mind sharing the store name? :) The price was GST included?

Cheers

Upvote 0
I think the critical thing from reviews of the new Mark III will be performance with teleconverters. The Mark II shrugged them off and you didn't notice much IQ degradation. If the Mark III does as well, these Mark IIs will continue to be discounted even further over time. If, however, the Mark III doesn't do quite as well with TCs, then I could see the Mark IIs hanging around for quite some time and not go much below this price.
Yes the same is true of the uber heavy mkI...which I own. The IQ with teleconverters is nearly as good as native and pretty much adds to the lens' already impressive versatility.

Upvote 0