Deal: Canon EOS 5D Mark III $2928

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Deal: Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS $749

xtaski said:
Thanks - just bought one! That was the final enticement I needed to upgrade my 28-135.

I have the 28-135mm and have used the 24-105. Really, not much of a difference especially with my Canon 5D MKII. Okay, no lens-creep and it's a tougher design. It can take a decent beating. But the reach just isn't enough. It needs at least another 30mm. I would buy an 'L' version of the 28-135mm if they had it in tougher casing and 'L' glass.

Upvote 0

BL said:
Anyone else find it strange the first half of this thread is talking about what looks like a price drop in the 5D III, and not this lens? lol

For some reason the "deal" post on the lens carried the comments from the "deal" post on the mark iii over into a new thread. Kinda weird - and my original post about the mark iii suddenly fell out of context. so I deleted that.

But agreed - it can cause confusion.

Upvote 0
X

xtaski

RGomezPhotos said:
I have the 28-135mm and have used the 24-105. Really, not much of a difference especially with my Canon 5D MKII. Okay, no lens-creep and it's a tougher design. It can take a decent beating. But the reach just isn't enough. It needs at least another 30mm. I would buy an 'L' version of the 28-135mm if they had it in tougher casing and 'L' glass.

I'm experimenting a bit. I've never owned L glass, just played with it in the store, but my 28-135mm is very soft so I'm hoping to get sharper shots with the 24-105mm. I don't think I really need the reach for what I shoot so not too concerned there unless I move to a FF down the road and lose the crop factor (I have a t3i). I like the extra width with the 24 vs 28mm but it's probably not enough to sell my wide angle. I would definitely buy a 28-135mm L if it existed - it's a very good range and could be done higher quality. An f/2.8 would be nice too...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.