Deal: Canon EOS Rebel SL1 w/18-55 IS STM $299 (Reg $499)

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
The Canon Store has the refurbished Canon EOS Rebel SL1 w/18-55 IS STM kit for only $299 (Reg $499) for a limited time.</p>
<p class="fs16 OpenSans-600-normal upper product-highlights-header">PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS</p>
<ul class="top-section-list" data-selenium="highlightList">
<li class="top-section-list-item">18 MP APS-C CMOS Sensor</li>
<li class="top-section-list-item">DIGIC 5 Image Processor</li>
<li class="top-section-list-item">3.0″ 1.04m-Dot Clear View II Touchscreen</li>
<li class="top-section-list-item">Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 30 fps</li>
<li class="top-section-list-item">9-Point AF and Hybrid CMOS AF II</li>
<li class="top-section-list-item">Native ISO 12800, Extended to ISO 25600</li>
<li class="top-section-list-item">4 fps Shooting for 28 JPEG, 7 Raw Files</li>
<li class="top-section-list-item">63-Zone Dual-Layer Metering System</li>
<li class="top-section-list-item">Scene Intelligent Auto Mode</li>
</ul>
<p><strong><a href="http://bit.ly/1P7QMx9" target="_blank">Canon EOS Rebel SL1 w/18-55 IS STM $299</a></strong> (Reg $499)</p>

Mt Spokane Photography said:
That's a good deal for a starter DSLR. I expect to see a lot of deals in November and December.
Starter? How about ender? LoL

I've gone from 5D series to 6D to Rebel T1i for my professional work. Lightweight and disposable are my main goals at this point.

Very tempting at that price. It's crazy how small that camera actually is when held in person. Makes the regular Rebel series look huge. :)

Upvote 0
Be prepared to be very patient and wait for many days as Canon is very slow with their shipping.
Three days ago I ordered a refurbished T5i with the 18-55 IS STM lens kit that was reduced for just $399.
I thought that it was a good price, this kit was in stock so I placed my order in Monday morning.
Today is Thursday and my order has not been shipped yet. I wish I knew why Canon is sooooooo slooooooooow in shipping in stock merchandise.
I got so hot and upset that I cancelled this order. Shame on Canon for their horrible handling of my order.
I am not sorry as Black Friday is around the corner I am sure I may even find a better deal.
An advice to Canon: please fix your horrible order and shipping departments' weaknesses. This is no way to run a good business.

Upvote 0

hmatthes

EOS-R, RF and EF Lenses of all types.
Great deal! Ordered one for my wife's small hands. She can use all of my glass whenever she wants.
It also will be a great backup to my 70D -- especially for tripod / Live View sessions!
Can't wait to compare RAW images from both -- I'll bet that they will be indistinguishable in Lightroom.

I disagree with another poster who complained about slow shipping response from Canon... It happens.
Our SL1 order was shipped the same day and is due here a week later. Maybe we are all spoiled by Amazon Prime 2 day service... Spare battery, lens hood, filter will be here before the camera!

Upvote 0