Deep Sky Astrophotography

Hi guys this is alex with another noob question...I hope you enjoy this one...
Milky way season has started so I had my first shooting with a tracker.It went great exept that
as the galaxy rotated, light polution low at the horizon crept in from the bottom right.The galaxy
has the framing I wanted but the light polution is tilted.Any solutions to that?Post or while shooting?
Here's the image

Attachments

• gjhk.jpg
    gjhk.jpg
    295.3 KB · Views: 221
Upvote 0
alexthegreek said:
Hi guys this is alex with another noob question...I hope you enjoy this one...
Milky way season has started so I had my first shooting with a tracker.It went great exept that
as the galaxy rotated, light polution low at the horizon crept in from the bottom right.The galaxy
has the framing I wanted but the light polution is tilted.Any solutions to that?Post or while shooting?
Here's the image

nice shot, light pollution is par for the course.. you can get a clip in filter for the DSLR such as

http://www.rothervalleyoptics.co.uk/astronomik-cls-ccd-deep-sky-light-pollution-filter-canon-eos-clip-fit.html

(not connection, just googled clip in light polliution filters, I knew they were out there)

There are various programs that do a good job removing things like this. I still use IRIS which is a nightmare to learn. I've tried photoshop but if you care about reality in your astro shots (I do) then it really feels like cheating (IRIS is good at getting a real data, rather than pretty pictures). Pixinsight is very good and when my scope gets back up and running will be what I migrate to for the pretty stuff.

Upvote 0
thanks for taking the time to reply rfdesigner
unfortunately I can not use the clip on filters as they are not ef-s compatible and my lenses are all ef-s.The image I posted is a not the final but a quick stretch to show the problem and it will be used as a background for a composite.To be honest I don't mind the LP near the horizon for landscape astro stuff but my problem is the tilt

Upvote 0
telemaq76 said:
my first picture made from a video, with a small camera asi120 on my canon 500f4+tc1.4 III

Fab! How did you mount that camera to the lens? Are there adaptors available? I tried the other way, mounting a DSLR onto a telescope, but the results were inferior (mostly because I was limited to HD video with no 1:1 magnification on the sensor).

Upvote 0
telemaq76 said:
yes a 45 euros adaptator, canon ef lens to asi camera works only with Ef lens, not efs.
the asi120 is a 170$ camera, the sensor is so small, the crop is huge .

PS - and apologies if you've mentioned this elsewhere in the thread - how are you tracking your targets? I've not yet found a mount that worked easily for me :/

Upvote 0