Delkin announces world’s first 2TB CFexpress card

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
POWAY, CA, JUNE 10, 2020 – Delkin Devices, a manufacturer of flash storage solutions and camera accessories, announced today the newest addition to their ever-growing line of memory-based products: CFexpress™ Type-B memory cards. The latest high-speed memory card format, Delkin CFexpress™ cards deliver unrivaled performance at speeds suitable for professional photographers and videographers, while meeting the extensive demands of today’s broadcast, cinema and photography industries. Delkin now boasts a complete line of memory card choices for nearly every type of camera/camcorder in the market.

Utilizing a 3rd generation PCI Express interface (as well as supporting NVM Express), Delkin’s CFexpress™ memory cards boast recording speeds surpassing 1430MB/s for flawless cinema-quality video capture, including 8K, 6K & 4K at high frame rates and bitrates. They also support RAW continuous-burst shooting without delay, never missing those precious split-second moments! This is...

Continue reading...

Reactions: 1 user
Mar 25, 2011
I like Delkin cards, I see them as more of a industrial type card.

Since I don't do video, a 2TB card would hold my entire Lightroom library and all my photos as well. I have just over 101,000 photo image files plus 17.4GB in my Lightroom folder. The card might be fast enough to treat as a portable hard drive. But the cost makes it impractical.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
2 TB.... 32 GB.... In the days of CP/M, the discussion was about 64 KB.

Somewhere, I still have some old SmartMedia cards--though I think they did have 128 MB on them, not KB. I bought a bunch of them dirt cheap as they were going out of fashion, figuring they'd make good floppy replacements. Now nothing I have can read them, and of course thumb drives 256 times or more larger are ubiquitous.

Not sure they even had cards (of any type) before things over 1MB became common.

Upvote 0

20Dave

CR Pro
Jan 19, 2013
2 TB.... 32 GB.... In the days of CP/M, the discussion was about 64 KB.
Showing my age... I worked with a 6805 microcontroller. It had 1,800 bytes of non-volatile storage and 68 bytes of RAM. (NOTE: there are no T, G, M, or even K prefixes - only bytes.) Them's were the days, when real coders knew what an accumulator was. :geek:

Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0
Showing my age... I worked with a 6805 microcontroller. It had 1,800 bytes of non-volatile storage and 68 bytes of RAM. (NOTE: there are no T, G, M, or even K prefixes - only bytes.) Them's were the days, when real coders knew what an accumulator was. :geek:

I remember as a kid drooling over an ad for the Timex Sinclair 1000. 2056 bytes as it came, and you could add a cartridge for another about another 16kb. I saved for the better part of a year for that. Got the memory upgrade the next year for $49. If we were paying that much money per byte with this new card, it would cost $24.5 billion.

Upvote 0

Architect1776

Defining the poetics of space through Architecture
Aug 18, 2017
Williamsport, PA

Interesting, this has to be oriented to cameras like the R5 with 8K video I am guessing.
I generally download my photos after a shooting session (Walk in the yard, short day trip or the beach etc.) I just would not trust keeping a months worth of photos and more on the card and something get screwed up on my part, the camera or the card and lose it all.
In fact on vacations I carry several cards and sometimes change them out more than once in a day as I visit several sites for the same reason then download at night.
Might seem silly to some but mistakes happen.

Upvote 0

twoheadedboy

EOS R5
CR Pro
Jan 3, 2018
Sturtevant, WI
That's pretty impressive. Happy with a pair of their 512's in my 1DX MK III.

Yeah but the raw file sizes will be ~225% for photos and ~400% for videos shooting at the maximum resolutions of the R5 :)

Edit: Probably ~112% for video actually; since the 1DX does 5.5k/60p and the R5 will do 8k/30p or 4k/120p. Wonder if it will also get the 5.5k/60p mode, seems like a full 6k/60p would be out of reach as that would be ~126%; keeping with the 112% would net "5.8k".

Last edited:
Upvote 0