DIY, How to take the flowers Picture, in the Bright sun light

surapon

80% BY HEART, 15% BY LENSES AND ONLY 5% BY CAMERA
Aug 2, 2013
APEX, NORTH CAROLINA, USA.
Northstar said:
Cinto said:
Actually after taking a look, it seems you've blown the highlights by having your flash too close? and tried to recover with a pink overlay? Maybe not highlights cause its in a weird place? You definitely did something dirty though.

Having a bad day Cinto?

I looked at your photos and thought "wow, these are great", and then you ruined it all for me by following up with consecutive disrespectful criticisms about Surapon's photos and technique.

Not cool.

Ha, Ha, Ha---Dear my friend Mr. Northstar.
Thankssssss for your comments, Well , I am very respect Mr. Cinto, Because of he speak direct from his heart , his knowledge and His Unique Point of Views that I can learn from my Error/ Mistake, and do better jobs in next time.
My dear old dad use to teach me = " WE MIGHT HAVE A VERY DIFFICULT TIME TO GET SOME DUST, OR DEBRIS FROM OUR EYES, BUT WE ARE VERY GLAD TO HAVE A GOOD FRIEND TO HELP US REMOVE THE DUST FROM OUR EYE---AND LEARN THAT , NEXT TIME WHEN WE GO TO THE DUSTY PLACE, USE OUR SUNGLASS TO PROTECT OUR EYES"------
Yes, In my Idea, Mr. Clinto is the person to try to help me remove the dust off my eyes.
Thanks for your great comments, Sir.
Have a great weekend.
Your Friend, Surapon.

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
Northstar said:
surapon said:
Dear Friends
Yes, If I shoot the beautiful flower in the bright sun light, but want the Super dark or Black Back ground= What should I do ?.
Yes Very easy---Use Flashes and bright support lights for both sides of the flower( Spot Lights at the flower only), Shoot with High speed shutter, And Carry the Black umbrella to shade the larges back ground= Yes, The Back ground that in the shade of umbrella and do not get the light from flashes , will be black back ground from the Effected of high speed shutter.
Enjoy.
Surapon

Surapon...thanks so much for taking your time to share this great idea with us!

Also, I just have to say that it is such a delight to follow your posts and commentary. Your enthusiasm, passion, and positivity are very refreshing, and a great addition to this forum. IMO.

Thanks again,
North

Thanksssss, my dear Friend Northstar.
You are welcome, Sir.
Your Great Words = Make my weekend = Happy Weekend
Yes, We both learn from each other and Learn from or the CR. Members too.
Good day.
Surapon

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
Quasimodo said:
Northstar said:
surapon said:
Dear Friends
Yes, If I shoot the beautiful flower in the bright sun light, but want the Super dark or Black Back ground= What should I do ?.
Yes Very easy---Use Flashes and bright support lights for both sides of the flower( Spot Lights at the flower only), Shoot with High speed shutter, And Carry the Black umbrella to shade the larges back ground= Yes, The Back ground that in the shade of umbrella and do not get the light from flashes , will be black back ground from the Effected of high speed shutter.
Enjoy.
Surapon

Surapon...thanks so much for taking your time to share this great idea with us!

Also, I just have to say that it is such a delight to follow your posts and commentary. Your enthusiasm, passion, and positivity are very refreshing, and a great addition to this forum. IMO.

Thanks again,
North

+ 100 Hear Hear

Thanks you, Sir, Dear Mr. Quasimodo.
Have a great weekend, Sir.
Surapon

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
Rienzphotoz said:
surapon said:
Yes, Please try, and you will love this technique ---Not Only The Flower, But Portrait Photos too, If you can have the Model to take the Photos, Just put your flash with Rouge Flash Blender at Her or His Side of Face, And Bingo ( With SS - 1/250 Sec.) and shoot at shade area = Great Dark Background for the Main Subject.
Enjoy.
Surapon
Dear Surapon,
I wish I can take your advice and photograph some models here using your tips ... but the models here are totally covered up, like the photos below ;D ;D ;D ... any suggestions on how to photograph them?

Dear friend Rienzphotoz.
The Drawing and the Photos below are the way That I did before, BUT you need to adjust the camera setting for the intensity of flashes ( the Distant of Flashes from the Subject) and the Distant of the Reflector, depend on your point of view-----Some time, if the Back ground shrub are too bright----Two man with big black umbrellas to give the shade of the shrub behind the subject will help too.
YES, Black Cover lady or Dark Skin African/ American are the Hard Subject to make a great exposure photos, Special mixed group with the light skin people. If a group picture, I must position of the Dark Skin People near the Flash, and the Light skin people far away from flash = That will help both group of people to be very happy, when they see the photos.
Enjoy.
Surapon

Attachments

• IMG_A.jpg
    IMG_A.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 635
  • IMG_0088.JPG
    IMG_0088.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 624
  • IMG_0077.JPG
    IMG_0077.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 641
  • IMG_0073.JPG
    IMG_0073.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 648
Upvote 0

Quasimodo

Easily intrigued :)
Feb 5, 2012
Oslo, Norway
www.500px.com
Northstar said:
Cinto said:
Actually after taking a look, it seems you've blown the highlights by having your flash too close? and tried to recover with a pink overlay? Maybe not highlights cause its in a weird place? You definitely did something dirty though.

+ 1

Having a bad day Cinto?

I looked at your photos and thought "wow, these are great", and then you ruined it all for me by following up with consecutive disrespectful criticisms about Surapon's photos and technique.

Not cool.

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
TrabimanUK said:
Surapon,
great advice! Your photos look great, and it will make me get my 100 macro out more :)

Dear Friend, Mr. TrabimanUK.
THANKSSSSS.
If you use FF Canon Camera, = EF 100 Macro Lens are great for PORTRAIT Photography, With F=2.8 = Great Back ground beautiful Blur too, And Super sharp at F = 8.0----Please try for Portrait Photos.
BUT if you use the small sensor Camera, May be 100 mm( = 100 X 1.6 = 1600 mm) , You need to move far away from the beautiful model----Ha, Ha, Ha.
Have a great Work Week.
Surapon
Nice to talk to you

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
lion rock said:
Mr Surapon,
I really like your images of the young lady you posted on the 18th., especially img_007; all images are beautiful. I am going to learn your lighting and high shutter speed to remove the background.
You are very kind to share the tricks up your sleeve!
-r

Good Monday afternoon, Dear Friend lion rock.
Thankssss for your commends, and your good words that make my days. Yes , We all, Learn the new Things, New Ideas in every day, That make us get improve of our Love Hobby, Photography.
Have a great workweek ahead.
Surapon

Upvote 0
Oceo said:
Here's an image of a flower taken early morning. Oh, yes, and a butterfly too. a butterfly in flight -- BFIF. That's my present obsession interest.

Giant Swallowtail and Penta (Pentas lanceolata).

1D X, 135mm + 1.4x extender, f/5.6, ISO 2000, 1/8000 sec.

Beautiful! Interesting combo using the 135 plus 1.4 extender....do you use that combo often?

Upvote 0
N
Northstar said:
Oceo said:
Here's an image of a flower taken early morning. Oh, yes, and a butterfly too. a butterfly in flight -- BFIF. That's my present obsession interest.

1D X, 135mm + 1.4x extender, f/5.6, ISO 2000, 1/8000 sec. I used the 135mm + 1.4x II extender until I purchased a 200mm.

Beautiful! Interesting combo using the 135 plus 1.4 extender....do you use that combo often?
I used the 135mm + extender until I bought a 200mm. Not too much obvious difference in tele effect but I'm assuming that a 200mm has better Image Quality than a 135 with extender. BFIF images need all the IQ they can get!

p.s. As a newbie poster I can use some hints on how to reply to questions. I may have missed the obvious, or not seen how in the FAQ. Let's see how this attempt looks.

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
Oceo said:

Wow, Wow, Wow, Dear Oceo---That not the Photo, But is an Arts Work, Very beautiful one.
THANKSSSSS.
Surapon

Upvote 0
Jan 27, 2014
surapon said:
Oceo said:

Wow, Wow, Wow, Dear Oceo---That not the Photo, But is an Arts Work, Very beautiful one.
THANKSSSSS.
Surapon

Thank you, surapon, and North Star, too, for your kind words. :)

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
Northstar said:
Cinto said:

Having a bad day Cinto?

Not cool.

Criticism is ok when someone publishes their photos to show that they do know what their doing. So where are his images? I'd like to see it done better.

Upvote 0