DJI Phantom 5 Drone To Have Interchangeable Lenses?

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
<p>It looks like the upcoming <a href="https://photorumors.com/2018/03/18/dji-phantom-5-drone-to-feature-an-interchangeable-lens-camera/">DJI Phantom 5 will have interchangeable lenses</a>. This could be a game changer for consumer drones.</p>
<p>The lens in the image above is a 50mm, it would be likely DJI would announce a few prime lenses with the Phantom 5.</p>
<p>We expect to see both the DJI Mavic Pro II and DJI Phantom 5 to be announced in the next couple of months.</p>
<span id="pty_trigger"></span>

LSXPhotog

Automotive, Commercial, & Motorsports
CR Pro
Apr 2, 2015
Tampa, FL
www.diossiphotography.com
Adding a drone into my business has been monumental. A gimmick I never considered a serious tool has been invaluable to my business. The DJI Phantom 4 Pro was the best purchase I made last year next to my Canon 85mm f/1.4L IS USM.

I'm very excited to see what this drone can do. I would love to add more versatility to my drone in the future.

Upvote 0

zim

CR Pro
Oct 18, 2011
My previous comment was an attempt (perhaps a poor one) at a joke of course I'm well aware of sensor size multipliers.

A controllable zoom would be pretty cool though and make more sense to me. I don't have a drone some maybe already have that?
How about slinging that Canon 100-400 smart phone camera under one assuming it's really light!

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
LSXPhotog said:
Adding a drone into my business has been monumental. A gimmick I never considered a serious tool has been invaluable to my business.

Same here, though I went for the Mavic Air as I travel extensively. Interested to see what the Mavic Pro II brings to the table but so far I am pretty happy with the Air.

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
Normalnorm said:
What would be a game changer would be the ability to zoom remotely.

I might be relatively new to this drone stuff but I can't, at this point, see much utility to a zoom. I'm sure higher end users might but they should be in the Inspire range, as a minimum, anyway so they already have lens choices.

Upvote 0
Dec 25, 2012
privatebydesign said:
Normalnorm said:

I might be relatively new to this drone stuff but I can't, at this point, see much utility to a zoom. I'm sure higher end users might but they should be in the Inspire range, as a minimum, anyway so they already have lens choices.

The utility comes from being able to choose position (thus perspective) and then crop appropriately.

The range need not be great but a 2x or 3x would be very useful.

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
Normalnorm said:
privatebydesign said:
Normalnorm said:

The utility comes from being able to choose position (thus perspective) and then crop appropriately.

The range need not be great but a 2x or 3x would be very useful.

I'd think that would be accomplished more easily with a higher resolution sensor and cropping. Don't get me wrong I have a decent amount of real estate experience where the position is the most important aspect of the shot, but a zoom seems to me a touch redundant for what we are using drones for especially when we can get 20 MP resolution stills already.

Upvote 0