Do You Want to Take Your Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Apart?

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:

<iframe width="728" height="409" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aVWr5g-rlFc" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<p>I don’t, but Peter McKinnon did!</p>

<p>Before Peter sent his EOS-1D X Mark II off for repair, he decided it would be best to check out what’s inside on his own. If it’s already going for repair, I guess it doesn’t matter if you can’t put it back together… You’ve already done half the work for the Canon tech.</p>
<span id="pty_trigger"></span>

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Folks.
It is not the taking apart that is difficult, it can involve detective work to find that hidden screw or clip and to find the correct order things need to be done. It is not even that hard to put it back together again, it is diagnosing and fixing these things that is the hard part without the correct tools! :)

Cheers, Graham.

Upvote 0

LDS

Sep 14, 2012
Valvebounce said:
It is not the taking apart that is difficult, it can involve detective work to find that hidden screw or clip and to find the correct order things need to be done. It is not even that hard to put it back together again, it is diagnosing and fixing these things that is the hard part without the correct tools! :)

You'd need to get a copy of the repair manual to do it correctly, especially if you're not an expert. It will tell you what to remove, how, and when, and how to put it together again (unlike all the king's horses and all the king's men with poor Humpty-Dumpty). It will also tell you what to check and what to touch to bring it inside specs - although you may need some equipment for that.

Upvote 0
looks well built inside. i gave up carrying one series, years ago, but am sure my 5 has a lot more plastic inside. for the folks wondering why he uses the pro body, the first part of the video shows him shooting from an atv on a frozen lake or something. pretty rough environment. looks like the right camera for that. (at the beginning of the video when he was talking about repair and opening the camera, my first thought is his atv broke through the ice and dunked the camera)

Upvote 0

RGF

How you relate to the issue, is the issue.
Jul 13, 2012
Canon Rumors said:
<iframe width="728" height="409" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aVWr5g-rlFc" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<p>I don’t, but Peter McKinnon did!</p>

<p>Before Peter sent his EOS-1D X Mark II off for repair, he decided it would be best to check out what’s inside on his own. If it’s already going for repair, I guess it doesn’t matter if you can’t put it back together… You’ve already done half the work for the Canon tech.</p>
<span id="pty_trigger"></span>

That assumes you have not destroyed anything while prying it apart with a chain saw.

Upvote 0