Does anyone here use a c-loop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was asking about camera straps and initially I was pointed to several straps that used a similar mount. I don't find the traditional system normally gets in my way, but I can see how this could be an improvement. However it does depend on a potential single failure point. While a traditional strap is also a potential single failure point, the strap will probably have to pull/slide over your neck which may give you a few extra moments to catch it.

I'm sure you'll get some more opinions from people who do use them and a link or two to the fairly rare failure.

Upvote 0
I bought a shoulder strap from Luma Loop. It is their "Cinch Strap". It too hangs the camera upside-down but it connects at 2 points so the camera cannot "twirl" around like it does hanging from just 1 point. It is forced to lie flat against your side or back. The other part I like about it is the "Cinch" feature; you tug the little leather grasp and the strap gets short for snug carrying with no swinging. Tug it again and it lengthens for shooting.

I really like it. http://luma-labs.com/products/cinch

Upvote 0
ScottyP said:
I bought a shoulder strap from Luma Loop. It is their "Cinch Strap". It too hangs the camera upside-down but it connects at 2 points so the camera cannot "twirl" around like it does hanging from just 1 point. It is forced to lie flat against your side or back. The other part I like about it is the "Cinch" feature; you tug the little leather grasp and the strap gets short for snug carrying with no swinging. Tug it again and it lengthens for shooting.

Yes, that looks like a great set up too. I wonder how that will work with my 200/2 lens (5 lbs); I don't want to stress the EF mount too much. That's the only negative to that set up. The sinlge point hook up of the cloop will remove al stress from the EF mount, but a 5 lbs load on one point is not the best. Yet, I'm sure the failure rate is so low it's moot.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Daniel Flather said:
ScottyP said:

Yes, that looks like a great set up too. I wonder how that will work with my 200/2 lens (5 lbs); I don't want to stress the EF mount too much. That's the only negative to that set up. The sinlge point hook up of the cloop will remove al stress from the EF mount, but a 5 lbs load on one point is not the best. Yet, I'm sure the failure rate is so low it's moot.

Thanks.

It feels very solid holding my 70-200 2-8, which is about the same weight.

Upvote 0
ScottyP said:
Daniel Flather said:
ScottyP said:

Thanks.

It feels very solid holding my 70-200 2-8, which is about the same weight.

Thanks for the input, I'll be in NYC this weekend and I'll hit up B&H.

Upvote 0
I've had the C-loop and the split strap for a almost a week now and have been out on 3 2-hour long shoots, lots of walking around for wildlife. 7D and a 100-400 mostly for BIF so it's a decent bit of weight on it. Lots of brush around the lakes and lots of up and down trails to climb. Strap never slipped or moved over my shoulder, the rig was at a comfortable height and very quick to grab for a shot. So far very impressed. I was a bit concerned about the attachment point to the tripod screw hole, but the thick gasket provided has let me lock the screw down and hold it very well. Best of all it got the regular straps off of the top of the camera and out of the way. I'm looking at their M-plate as an add-on later. My initial thoughts are if you haven't gotten one already I'd recommend giving it a shot.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.