DPReview: Canon EOS R vs Nikon Z 6 vs Sony a7 III, which is best?

Jul 21, 2010
But why are they popular in the first place?

And last time I checked, American idol doesn't report on the news. If you told me American idol dictates what is happening in the news, yes, I would consider that a ridiculous premise based on popularity.
The point is, entertainment is more popular than factual reporting...and DPR provides the former, but does not reliably deliver the latter.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Oct 26, 2013
So is DPR part of a disinformation campaign against Canon?

I didn't even mention DPR, so I have no idea why you ask such a question. They have nothing whatsoever to do with my post.

Is anybody allowed to question Canon's products without being accused of ignorance and trolling?

Where did you get that idea? I said no such thing, of course. I presume most folks here can tell when someone is trolling. Saying factually incorrect things may not be noticed, but occasionally someone who knows the facts corrects someone. Usually this leads to endless arguing where the person who was ignorant endlessly defends their argument because they don't have the courage to admit that they didn't know. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being ignorant and not knowing. What is annoying, on the other hand, and totally bogs sown the forum, is when an ignorant person thinks they know and then endlessly defends their incorrect statements. While annoying, that is not the point either.

The point is - some folks just make up stuff. It is not factual, but they pretend it is. And some folks just endlessly repeat the stuff they make up to promote their particular agenda. And their agenda is usually - Canon sucks, or Sony is great - in all the oft-repeated variations. That is what I am talking about.

Legitimate criticism and questioning of Canon is perfectly OK, as I'm sure you are aware from all of my posts in the past. But, as usually happens on this forum, you have either intentionally or unintentionally misinterpreted my comments in order to make your particular point.

Keeping it real needs to be balanced with keeping it open to legitimate debate.

Absolutely. I guess we don't necessarily agree on what is legitimate debate. o_O

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Oct 26, 2013
Please see the title of this thread to understand the context.
View attachment 182340

Ha HA HA . Again, you just make up whatever baloney you want to support your (non)argument. It is often better to actually read what someone writes rather than create your own interpretation. I keep making that point and you keep ignoring it. Why, oh why, does this still surprise me!

Good luck to you and Happy New Year.

Upvote 0

YuengLinger

Print the ones you love.
CR Pro
Dec 20, 2012
USA
Ha HA HA . Again, you just make up whatever baloney you want to support your (non)argument. It is often better to actually read what someone writes rather than create your own interpretation. I keep making that point and you keep ignoring it. Why, oh why, does this still surprise me!

Good luck to you and Happy New Year.
Happy New Year to you to, dak723!

Upvote 0