Dust delete work for dead pixel?

I have a 70D with dead pixels (some together at the same point), and I tried manual cleaning to map. I also tried the dust delete data, following the procedures and saw no result. Does anyone know if the dust delete data can fix dead pixels?

The photo below was made after manual cleaning and dust delete data, without lens (F1.0).
IMG_8007.JPG

Last edited:

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
Hi aj!

To me most of what I see on your posted photo are still dust particles. Maybe I'm wrong but for dead pixels most of them seem much too big.
The ones e.g. in the right upper corner seem to have the right size for dead pixels.

As for dead pixels, do you know this procedure:
  • Put lens off and a body cap on
  • choose in the camera menu the "manual senosor cleaning" without doing anything to the body.
  • When the mirror flaps up, leave the camera (face down) as it is for 30 to 60 sec.
  • The body should recognize dead and hot pixels and "delete" them.
  • Then switch the camera "off" and the new sensor data should be stored internally
Good luck.

BTW: When I' looking for dead/hot pixels I do a long time exposure (30 sec) with lens or body cap on. Enjoy the "starry night" ;) .

Upvote 0
Hi aj!

To me most of what I see on your posted photo are still dust particles. Maybe I'm wrong but for dead pixels most of them seem much too big.
The ones e.g. in the right upper corner seem to have the right size for dead pixels.

As for dead pixels, do you know this procedure:
  • Put lens off and a body cap on
  • choose in the camera menu the "manual senosor cleaning" without doing anything to the body.
  • When the mirror flaps up, leave the camera (face down) as it is for 30 to 60 sec.
  • The body should recognize dead and hot pixels and "delete" them.
  • Then switch the camera "off" and the new sensor data should be stored internally
Good luck.

BTW: When I' looking for dead/hot pixels I do a long time exposure (30 sec) with lens or body cap on. Enjoy the "starry night" ;) .
In fact, when I do a 30 second long exposure, there are way less of these points. These points are purple, and do not look like dust.

Upvote 0