DxO Optics Pro and Canon 5D IV

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
DxO still isn't compatible with the 5D IV. I sent them this mail:

"When will the update be released to be compatible with the Canon 5DIV? I haven't upgraded from 10 to 11 as it is not compatible. You had a week or two ago it would be this month. But, that message has been removed."

Reply yesterday:
"Greetings,

We do not have an exact date for support, but this camera is still on the roadmap for support in DxO OpticsPro v11. Please keep an eye on our website, as well as emails, for information regarding this module as soon as we have it.

regards,
Riley
DxO Customer Support"

A few more e-mails to them might encourage them to get a move on.

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Valvebounce said:
Hi Alan.
Perhaps there is an underlying reason for the delay, maybe "cracking the 5DIV?" as the camera updates are usually pretty soon after release. I'm not sure that burying a company in query emails is ever the best way to speed up progress on something they are working to do.

Cheers, Graham.

On the contrary, if you want a company to do something, then ask them. If there appears to be no interest, then why should they hurry?

Perhaps they are trying to implement the DP fine focussing. Well, that can wait - DxO PRIME is the main thing for me and many others, the best noise reduction algorithm out there.

Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Alan.
No harm in asking, which you did and were told they are working on it, it appeared to me you were suggesting that lots of people should email and ask which might just divert the focus from working on the module to answering emails.
It would seem that I misunderstood your intentions.
I agree about prime, very good, I only have DxO for PP so understand that not having this available for your camera must be a real inconvenience.

Cheers, Graham.

AlanF said:
Valvebounce said:
Hi Alan.
Perhaps there is an underlying reason for the delay, maybe "cracking the 5DIV?" as the camera updates are usually pretty soon after release. I'm not sure that burying a company in query emails is ever the best way to speed up progress on something they are working to do.

Cheers, Graham.

On the contrary, if you want a company to do something, then ask them. If there appears to be no interest, then why should they hurry?

Perhaps they are trying to implement the DP fine focussing. Well, that can wait - DxO PRIME is the main thing for me and many others, the best noise reduction algorithm out there.

Upvote 0
Hi, I've just gotten the DxO 11 that can finally process my 5d iv raw files. However, I can't export any of my raw files to JPEG, DNG or TIFF. I'm not exporting it to Lightroom or anything, just trying to save it into a folder on my desktop or in the original folder. Every time I try to do an export, it ends up saying "unknown processing error". I've varied my settings and still I get the same error.

Was wondering if anyone else was having the same problem? And if so, has anyone worked their way around it? I've tried searching online for a solution but thus far have come up zilch. I understand it's probably coz it's very new and all, but just wanting to see if it's my comp problem or a software issue if someone else is facing the same problem as I am.

Thanks in advance for any advise that could help.

Cheers,

Leigh

Upvote 0

zim

CR Pro
Oct 18, 2011
dinkeelee said:
Hi, I've just gotten the DxO 11 that can finally process my 5d iv raw files. However, I can't export any of my raw files to JPEG, DNG or TIFF. I'm not exporting it to Lightroom or anything, just trying to save it into a folder on my desktop or in the original folder. Every time I try to do an export, it ends up saying "unknown processing error". I've varied my settings and still I get the same error.

Was wondering if anyone else was having the same problem? And if so, has anyone worked their way around it? I've tried searching online for a solution but thus far have come up zilch. I understand it's probably coz it's very new and all, but just wanting to see if it's my comp problem or a software issue if someone else is facing the same problem as I am.

Thanks in advance for any advise that could help.

Cheers,

Leigh

Hi Leigh,

I've had that error, my machine is a bit rubbish, I get it if trying to batch too many raws in one go. Try to 'export to disk' just one jpg - quality set to 100 that should work. If it doesn't I'd maybe check graphics setting and definitely put a support call in for help I've found their support very good.

If that single export does work then a little trick I use is to simply select one file at a time to process rather than selecting them all at once, I can process as many as I want as it just queues them that way without error. Just takes a little longer to set up initially. I find that allows me to process everything I need, clearly memory is being handled better. I usually set this up to run overnight or when I'm at work when I have a lot to do.

Hope that's of help

Upvote 0