DxO OpticsPro 9.5, integration with Lightroom

So, looks like OpticsPro 9.5 integrates pretty nicely with Lightroom. Does it's features (optics corrections, noise reduction tools, etc) make it well worth the price and generally superior to Lightroom?

http://www.mikepasini.com/corners/2014/05/21-dxo-opticspro-95/index.htm

Unfortunately it looks like for 5d3 support I'd need to go with the Elite, which at $200 is definitely a savings over the regular, but do I want to pay that much extra over the Standard...?

Mar 25, 2011
Give it a try, there is a free trial. I found that it is very slow, so, while it does a good job, its not a tool for processing thousands of photos in a short time, but if you only do a handfiul at a time, its great.

It is improving on the speed with each now generation, but unless you have a very fast computer, be prepared to wait a while.

Upvote 0
Mt Spokane Photography said:
Give it a try, there is a free trial. I found that it is very slow, so, while it does a good job, its not a tool for processing thousands of photos in a short time, but if you only do a handfiul at a time, its great.

It is improving on the speed with each now generation, but unless you have a very fast computer, be prepared to wait a while.

Thanks. Yea, I should just bite the bullet and try out the demo. I don't really have deadlines, so generally I can wait some extra time. I do have a 2nd gen Core i7 quad on my laptop, so I do have some CPU horsepower available.

Have you tried it on any film scans? I know that might not be it's strengths, but some of the non-optic correction feature?

Upvote 0