Not open for further replies.

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
<div id="fb_share_1" style="float: right; margin-left: 10px;"><a name="fb_share" type="box_count" share_url="http://www.canonrumors.com/2011/04/ef-8-15-fisheye-coming-soon/" href="http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php">Share</a></div><div><script src="http://static.ak.fbcdn.net/connect.php/js/FB.Share" type="text/javascript"></script></div><div class="tweetmeme_button" style="float: right; margin-left: 10px;"><a class="tm_button" rel="&style=normal&b=2" href="http://www.canonrumors.com/2011/04/ef-8-15-fisheye-coming-soon/"></a></div>
<strong>Here’s Hoping!</strong>

Received some information today saying that initial availability of the EF 8-15 f/4L Fisheye will be in the next 20-40 days.</p>
<p><strong>CR’s Take

</strong>It’s a good bet they want this lens out as soon as possible. It’s going to be a sales winner.</p>
<p><em>thanks Daniel</em></p>
<p><strong><span style="color: #ff0000;">c</span>r</strong>

HughHowey said:
Gothmoth said:
a sales winner?

realy? ..i never found fisheye lenses very attractiv.
we rarely sell fisheye lenses in our store, compared to other lenses.

I'll be getting one the day they're available. Anecdotal, sure, but I for one am excited.

I may not be getting one immediately, but I want one. Bad.

Upvote 0
T

TimeLapseNinja

bvukich said:
HughHowey said:
Gothmoth said:
a sales winner?

realy? ..i never found fisheye lenses very attractiv.
we rarely sell fisheye lenses in our store, compared to other lenses.

I'll be getting one the day they're available. Anecdotal, sure, but I for one am excited.

I may not be getting one immediately, but I want one. Bad.

This is going to be a revolutionary lens for some fun video/photos/time lapse shots! Although I hope its not a top seller, because then my shots will be a tad more original:)

Upvote 0
obsoletepower said:
Canon doesn't make many useless lenses but the fisheye lens really is. It is nothing but an expensive toy. I will never pretend to understand the appeal of this lens. It's much too wide and un-natural looking. Since the lens serves no practical purpose, I'd buy it if it were $200-$300 which is what it's worth anyway.

May I suggest not buying one then?

Upvote 0
L

LFG530

obsoletepower said:
Canon doesn't make many useless lenses but the fisheye lens really is. It is nothing but an expensive toy. I will never pretend to understand the appeal of this lens. It's much too wide and un-natural looking. Since the lens serves no practical purpose, I'd buy it if it were $200-$300 which is what it's worth anyway.

Yeah, you're right it's totally useless for panoramas/interiors/videoclips or extreme sports video. It's even more useless for creative publicity contracts, for original studio shootings or simply for art stuff if someone wants the fisheye look. Yeah that lens is total crap. Further more, it will be weather sealed and have a 15mm end with less distortion when can that come in handy? NEVER! A short focal length won't allow shooting handeld shots in low light or having a lot of depth of field neither, that would be silly.

Upvote 0
obsoletepower said:

'LOL' of the year? God forbid someone wants to have fun with photography.

Upvote 0
fesapo said:
fesapo said:
Amazon Japan says this is coming out on August 31 this year.

Amazon Japan has changed the release date to December 31, 2011.

Wow... that's pushing the lens back quite a bit.

But I guess on the bright side is it gives time for us to save up money when they do arrive. ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.