EF Mount: Most verstatile mount?

I have no idea what FF mirrorless camera I will be getting next year but it seems EF lens are very versatile.

It works flawlessly on EOS R I had. It works with Sony A7 series and Panasonic S series.

I have no problem buying an adapter to use my EF lens. It definitely give me choices on camera to buy.
When I buy a native lens, that's when I feel I'm locked into a particular system.

Think he is talking generic EF lens, and I second his thought. Since the body of choice, Sony, canon R, whatever comes and goes obsolete every 4 years, then the lenses are where to build a base for photography.

The short sensor to mount canon R distance is not going to allow easy adaption of R lenses and coupled with a closed lens algorithm third party R lenses may not be easy to come by. The appeal of the R lenses may be the slightly larger apertures that they are capable of. From what I’ve seen the system size R camera and wow R lens are not much if any smaller.

Upvote 0

briangus

CR Pro
Apr 6, 2017
Bangkok
I have used the 100-400 II with and without the 1.4tc and as long as focus limiter is set it is ok
If not then it needs some time to get there or a little manual assistance.

Used the 135f2 in low light and had some issues locking focus, again set the focus limit to 1.6m and it behaved better

200F2 is fine, just needs the grip to help with handling

Upvote 0