EF-S 35mm F2.8 Macro IS

YuengLinger

Print the ones you love.
CR Pro
Dec 20, 2012
USA
I've had this lens almost three months now. It just stays on my 80D most of the time for family and fun photography. I think the review linked above downplays too much how well this does for portraits, especially outdoor candid shots of toddlers. And it works for food in restaurants quite nicely too, if that's your thing. And flowers. The little LCD lights are of slight help, but get plenty of attention when shown to friends. Overall the lens is quick, reliable, and very, very light and portable.

Lenses like this make the 80D so easy to bring along all the time.

Upvote 0
I've had this lens almost three months now. It just stays on my 80D most of the time for family and fun photography. I think the review linked above downplays too much how well this does for portraits, especially outdoor candid shots of toddlers. And it works for food in restaurants quite nicely too, if that's your thing. And flowers. The little LCD lights are of slight help, but get plenty of attention when shown to friends. Overall the lens is quick, reliable, and very, very light and portable.

Lenses like this make the 80D so easy to bring along all the time.

My wife gave this lens for Christmas last year, not owning any ef-s lenses and wanting to go full frame I kinda thought I would return it. After using though I agree with you it's really great for keeping on your camera for a nice walk around lens. It always goes hiking with us and I use it for pano's, and plant shots, I don't use it much for macro's I got poison oak trying to shoot mushrooms. View attachment 181735View attachment 181736View attachment 181738

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0