Elinchrom Skyport Plus HS

LDS

Sep 14, 2012
polarhannes said:
I wonder wether it can also trigger Speedlites?

Reading the specs I'd say no, Elinchrom Skyport protocol is its own implementation and not compatible. The module is developed with Phottix, though. I have a D-Lite RX system, I guess I get one just to be able to check torch settings from the controller, the actual transmitter is really cheap and poor, although it works. The price is anyway around 250 euro, not exactly unexpensive :)

Upvote 0
Dec 13, 2010
LDS said:
polarhannes said:
I wonder wether it can also trigger Speedlites?

Reading the specs I'd say no, Elinchrom Skyport protocol is its own implementation and not compatible. The module is developed with Phottix, though. I have a D-Lite RX system, I guess I get one just to be able to check torch settings from the controller, the actual transmitter is really cheap and poor, although it works. The price is anyway around 250 euro, not exactly unexpensive :)
You can buy separate receivers for speedlites that works. You won't have power control remotely, but you can turn them on and off with the old Skyport.

Upvote 0
I did for a short time, seemed ok, one thing that is frustrating is it has to scan for packs each time you power up, if a pack dissapears for any reason you have to sac again to find it/them, not quite like the STE3RT where as soon as a device is on its ready to go. HS worked well but I had the ELB pack and HS head, second curtain and strobe made also worked as expected, I did note that my WiFi gave it a hard time! Saying that it effects other 2.4Ghz triggers I have to.. Sadly my ELB went pop so has now all gone back :(

Upvote 0