Ended: Adobe Creative Cloud 12 Month Photography Plan $89 (Reg $119)

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
<p>If you missed the Amazon deal last week, B&H Photo has the Adobe Creative Cloud 12 month photography plan for  $89 (Reg $119).</p>
<p>To get this deal, just use the coupon code “XXXXXXX” to see the discounted price.</p>
<p>This is a download purchase which can be used for both new subscriptions and to extend current subscriptions.</p>
<p><strong>Adobe Creative Cloud 12 month photography plan $89 </strong>(Reg $119)</p>
<span id="pty_trigger"></span>

Jul 21, 2010
Re: Deal: Adobe Creative Cloud 12 Month Photography Plan $89 (Reg $119)

Oh, and FWIW I also chose not to rent software from Adobe...I'm sticking with my CS6 perpetual license until I can no longer run the software on my computer.

But at least I understand and accept that Adobe – like Canon – doesn't give a crap about what I personally do or what I personally want.

Upvote 0
Nov 4, 2011

neuroanatomist said:
AvTvM said:
yes, I know. Just like Canon, Adobe has lots of stupid not so smart customers. ;D

Indeed, since it seems you're a customer of one, if not both, companies.

currently customer of both, yes. But ... ! ;D

Upvote 0

Renting might be a good thing for many and the financial results prove the viability (this far).

Then again the QC at Adobe doesn't seem very good these days. Also, the new features might not be the interest of everybody, rendering the idea of rental somewhat obsolete when one wants to skip a version.

A small fee indeed, but not much control in the end over the product. In addition, all small fees add up to a much bigger fee, which is not one wants to have when using the software occasionally (without upgrading to every new release).

I'm also using the old perpetual licence for PS. I've tried some alternatives with not much luck to my liking, though there seems to a promising one on the near horizon - the Affinity Photo for Windows (already available on Mac).

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011

Northstar said:
I’m looking to make a change (still using Aperture for most of my work)

This is tempting....BUT, a friend recently told me how much he likes Photo Mechanic.

Does anybody else use Photo Mechanic and if so do you like it?

Thx,
North

Photo mechanic is not an editing suit, it is a high volume ingesting and cataloging program that is targeted at high volume fast turnaround primarily JPEG shooting working photographers. Think high volume sports and the like.

It is no re-lace meant for an editor and I don't know of anybody who doesn't have Lightroom as well.

Upvote 0

Here we go with the "I don't want to rent" again. Hold on to your copy of CS6 because if you bought it retail, you'll pass the cost of Adobe CC Photo plan around April, 2018.

Is it really necessary to drop this into every deal announcement for CC? We get it. You hate Adobe and its policies. You're lovingly clinging to your copy of CS6 while humming "Just the Two of Us". Can we call this the last time you'll trumpet it to the boards?

Upvote 0

YuengLinger

Print the ones you love.
CR Pro
Dec 20, 2012
USA

One great thing about PS CS6 is the cost of how-to books! You can get some of the best for less than $10, when, just a few years ago they cost closer to $40.

Sad thing about PS CC is that the PS CS6 books still cover 95% of what PS can do... :p

Upvote 0