Ended: Adobe Creative Cloud 12 Month Photography Plan $89 (Reg $119)

Jul 21, 2010
Re: Deal: Adobe Creative Cloud 12 Month Photography Plan $89 (Reg $119)

bereninga said:
I can't wait until Adobe gives up this subscription idea. I'd like to see how their profits compare to before they started doing this.

Did you read the first page of the thread? Not data on profits, but ultimately it's shareholder ROI and corporate valuation that matter. Look at the stock price and tell me if you think they'll be giving up on the subscription idea any time soon.

index.php

#armchaireconomists

Upvote 0
May 15, 2014

Silvertt7 said:
Luds34 said:
I'm a bit naive here, but how do you use it to extend a current subscription? Any help appreciated.

I'd like to know this too. Also, does it matter when we renew it (I don't want to overlap a month that I just paid).

Nevermind, super easy. Just buy it, you'll get a code, sign in with your current account and redeem. I'm now paid up until Sept 17 (or something) 2017. Aka, I must have just paid for the month a week ago and they add the year on the end as you'd expect.

Upvote 0

Luds34 said:
Silvertt7 said:
Luds34 said:
I'm a bit naive here, but how do you use it to extend a current subscription? Any help appreciated.

I'd like to know this too. Also, does it matter when we renew it (I don't want to overlap a month that I just paid).

Nevermind, super easy. Just buy it, you'll get a code, sign in with your current account and redeem. I'm now paid up until Sept 17 (or something) 2017. Aka, I must have just paid for the month a week ago and they add the year on the end as you'd expect.

Cool, thanks ;D 8)

Upvote 0

mnclayshooter

I love shooting - clay pigeons and photos!
Oct 28, 2013
Minnesota, USA

To rehash what's been said before:

My personal gripes with subscription-based softwares:
1) For the most part, once my subscription runs out... I'm sitting there with useless files - or less-usable files, to be certain.
2) The annual cost - I'm usually a slow-adopter of all technologies. Let someone else suffer the R/D or Final Beta testing phase. Once service pack 1 is issued, I'll consider buying, usually. I can't really do that with an annual use it or lose it subscription.
3) The "tehtered" experience. For some software, you have to periodically "check in" to ensure you have a legit copy. Not having easy access to the internet could leave you high and dry until you can get connected again.

The benefits:
1) Your software is much more likely to contain the latest and greatest features on subscription
2) You're keeping current with your peers/competitors on version experience/knowledge
3) You're likely to always get current tech support when needed
4) The latest guides/help forums etc will almost always reference the current software

Sums it up? Any others? We can make this a sticky and then nobody has to make all of these gestural comments again.

Upvote 0

neuroanatomist said:
Look at the stock price and tell me if you think they'll be giving up on the subscription idea any time soon.

That chart looks exactly like NASDAQ chart in general. So, unless Adobe accounts for 80+% of the index, or its turnaround spurred the entire US economy, your argument does not stand.

Upvote 0

mnclayshooter said:
To rehash what's been said before:

You forget hardware upgrades you need to do on Adobe's schedule. And let's not forget that there will come a day when they will drop support for Windows 7 and force you to move to the abomination that is 10.

Upvote 0

zim

CR Pro
Oct 18, 2011

neuroanatomist said:
bereninga said:
I can't wait until Adobe gives up this subscription idea. I'd like to see how their profits compare to before they started doing this.

Did you read the first page of the thread? Not data on profits, but ultimately it's shareholder ROI and corporate valuation that matter. Look at the stock price and tell me if you think they'll be giving up on the subscription idea any time soon.

index.php

#armchaireconomists

Can't argue against that graph, what I am curious about though is once Windows Affinity Photo is matured in the market if that graph will be dented, or is the photo side of things just too small part of Adobe's business?

Upvote 0

M_S

Jul 31, 2013

GmwDarkroom said:
Here we go with the "I don't want to rent" again. Hold on to your copy of CS6 because if you bought it retail, you'll pass the cost of Adobe CC Photo plan around April, 2018.

Is it really necessary to drop this into every deal announcement for CC? We get it. You hate Adobe and its policies. You're lovingly clinging to your copy of CS6 while humming "Just the Two of Us". Can we call this the last time you'll trumpet it to the boards?
Nope...Its an open forum, living from comments like this. Just skip it, if you don't like the content.

Upvote 0

Look at the P/E and compare it to the likes of Apple, Google, Microsoft, and Intel.

I need their investor list. I have extra $$$ every year over what I spend. You think they'll give me $57 dollars now for every extra dollar I have over the next year or two? By the way, I'm not going to give them those extra dollars (Note the dividend yield). The only way they'll get their 57 bucks back is to find someone who is willing to pay that or more for those same dollars I'm going to keep in my pocket.

Hope those investors have a good oxygen supply and a love of roller coasters. I'm no investment expert and I'd love to have been on the ride up but I think you have to start expecting that first big plunge.

Upvote 0

Back when CC first hit the "never rent" crowd kept crowing that the 9.99/month price was only temporary and that Adobe would 'get me hooked then jack up the price'. 3 years later and the price has done nothing but go down. Why are these people still commenting when they've proven they know zip?

Upvote 0

YuengLinger

Print the ones you love.
CR Pro
Dec 20, 2012
USA

The CC plan was brilliant, because Adobe had hit the wall, or the dead end, with PS upgrades. We've had tweaking since PS CS5, not innovation. The program's core code is nearly ancient and very, very top heavy.

Now we see a product beyond mature able to coast along on cruise control fueled by photographers locked into the subscriptions.

But it profits!

Upvote 0

CincyFlyer said:
AvTvM said:
thanks, but no thanks. I do not rent software. Especially not from a ´landlord`like Adobe.

Actually, you never have more than a "lease" on any software. Period. You never own it!

You can slice any way you want but with traditional model you pay use can your "rented" piece of hardware until you can't find a computer it will run on, not until you stop paying or your provider decides to "improve" it to a point you can't afford a computer capable of handling it.

Upvote 0