Not open for further replies.

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
<div name="googleone_share_1" style="position:relative;z-index:5;float: right; /*margin: 70px 0 0 0;*/ top:70px; right:120px; width:0;"><g:plusone size="tall" count="1" href="http://www.canonrumors.com/?p=13538"></g:plusone></div><div style="float: right; margin:0 0 70px 70px;"><a href="https://twitter.com/share" class="twitter-share-button" data-count="vertical" data-url="http://www.canonrumors.com/?p=13538">Tweet</a></div>
<p><strong>Not much buzz

</strong>There isn’t much information out there about Canon’s next APS-C cameras. Canon has alluded to the fact that both cameras are coming, we just don’t know when. We’ve been told previously by very good sources that only the EOS 70D will be available in 2013, though the EOS 7D Mark II could be announced in late 2013 for early 2014 availability.</p>
<p>We’re told a “surprise” announcement will be made by Canon in July, what that is we’re unsure. However, the source alluded to it being a camera body. I wouldn’t call the EOS 70D a “surprise”, but we’ll see. Could it be…….. something else?</p>
<p><strong><span style="color: #ff0000;">c</span>r</strong></p>

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
Re: EOS 70D & EOS 7D Mark II

Canon Rumors said:
We’re told a “surprise” announcement will be made by Canon in July, what that is we’re unsure. However, the source alluded to it being a camera body. I wouldn’t call the EOS 70D a “surprise”, but we’ll see. Could it be…….. something else?

Think outside the box..... the iCanon! A Canon that you can also use like an iPhone.....

Upvote 0
Feb 8, 2013

Don Haines said:
Canon Rumors said:
We’re told a “surprise” announcement will be made by Canon in July, what that is we’re unsure. However, the source alluded to it being a camera body. I wouldn’t call the EOS 70D a “surprise”, but we’ll see. Could it be…….. something else?

Think outside the box..... the iCanon! A Canon that you can also use like an iPhone.....

I actually want phone integration to be an option in Canon cameras, that way I would have an excuse to bring it everywhere.

"But it's my phone" I'd say to the restaurant manager while pointing at the ten pound lump.
Calls would basically have to be done in speakerphone or with a headset, but that's ok since that makes it a hands free device when driving.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010

ankorwatt said:
neuroanatomist said:
ankorwatt said:
I agree, Canon sensors are to late

Gee, I guess it's a good thing that Canon sells cameras, not just sensors....and they continue to sell more of them than their competition.

you can think what you want, the rest is easy to catch up, speed, AF ergonomic etc but not the sensor, and there are the Canon Inc hopeless bypassed by Sony, Aptina, Panasonic, Toshiba, Omnivision, Renesas, and many more today
And , bigger companies has fallen than Canon when they are not up to date.

Ahh, yes...the rest is so easy to catch up, and lenses, flashes, etc., too. That must be why Nikon, Sony, et al., are selling so many more dSLRs than Canon. Oh, wait...they're not. The thing is, if it was 'so easy' than Canon would have been losing market share ever since their sensors 'fell behind'. But they've been gaining.

Also, it's easy to fall into the trap of thinking that the opposite of better is bad. The opposite of better is worse, and in the case of Canon's 'not better' sensors, worse is still pretty damn good.

ankorwatt said:
Canon have lived on a long time on their name and early cmos sensor tech since 2004, sorry but this tech is old 2013 which can been seen if you compare to Nikon, Pentax, Sony = DXO scores etc why are no Canon in the DXO list over best sensors at all ?
Do you have any nuanced view at all or whats going on ?

Who needs a nuanced view? Every year for which there are sales data and during which Nikon sensors beat Canon sensors on DxOMark, Canon sold more dSLRs. Nuances aren't helping your case.

Upvote 0

brad-man

Semi-Reactive Member
Jun 6, 2012
S Florida

dilbert said:

Lets see...
* Canon announces RAW video in official firmware
* Canon announces 4k video in official firmware for 1DX/5DIII with some special add on device
* Canon announces a m4/3 camera plus lenses
* Canon announces a new EOS-M series camera that is radically different
* Canon announces a DSLR wither either hybrid or pure EVF
* Canon announces a DSLR that is modeled on the Ricoh GX-R with a plugable sensor/CPU module
* Canon announces a 70D with the autofocus from the 5DIII
* Canon announces a new APS-H DSLR (not likely)

... other ideas?

It could only be the Canon PowerShot N mkll...

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010

ankorwatt said:
sold and sold, nokia sold their telephones, and now we know whats happens, you and Jrista are so indoctrinated so you can not keep apart what is discussed, why are no Canon sensor at the top 10 in DXO ranking and start at 17e place?

Oh, we can tell the difference. But, DxO Scores have no relevance to camera sales.

Yes, we know about Nokia. So come back after Canon drops to the bottom of the market share rankings. In the meantime, there's nothing to show that's what is going to happen, nothing to show that Nikon/Sony/et al., are beating Canon where it counts (selling cameras), and thus nothing to show that all this babble about sensors and DR has any meaningful impact on the bottom line - camera sales.

Fortunately for Canon, their customer base is just a little bit bigger than you and the rest of the minuscule group of DR-obsessed forum jockeys. ;)

Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada

The biggest surprise I've seen from Canon (or anyone else for that matter) in the last several years was the SX50. Everything else from everyone else seems to have been incremental improvements. The surprise is that they could make a 50X superzoom that works reasonably well... I thought that 30X was pushing it... had tried out several, and hated them. The SX50 works quite well in good light and in the right conditions outperforms lens/body combos that cost 20 times as much.

A bit better AF performance, a bit better ISO, a bit better noise, wifi, gps, a few more megapixels.... none of that will be a surprise. We all know that it will eventually happen. A surprise is something unexpected.

Perhaps a "surprise announcement" will come in the form of a mirrorless camera that takes EF lenses....

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010

ankorwatt said:
Neuro, you have a habit to answer with sails

Sales drive revenue. Revenue drives profit. Profit is a major driver of share price and shareholder value. Share price and shareholder value determine whether a public company thrives, survives, or fails.

Betamax was better quality than VHS. VHS sold better. Betamax failed and was abandoned.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.