EOS Bonus

Hi, I just got my EOS R & 24-105 (upgrading from a 60D). I have registered for Canon's Bonus / discount program giving me a 300$ bonus to spend on my next Canon product by the end of the month. My plan would be to get the new 70-200 as an indoor / universal sports (mostly my kids) lense once it is released - which I guess will be too late for the bonus. Any suggestions? EF100 f2, 430 EX III,... What would you do (within the 300$ budget + max 200)? Thanks!

Congratulations on your new purchase Janster - and welcome to posting on the site (I see from your details that you have been a member for over a year).

As to what next, I guess that might in part depend upon what you already have (any compatible Ef lenses already, for example?).

If your main interest is photographing your kids and sports, then your 24-105 will cover much of the range, so I would concur with either the 70-200 to extend your reach (for sports) or the flash to freeze kids' movements (given the 24-105 is an f/4 lens).

For me personally, given a budget of around $500 and younger kids (i.e. more random movements), the new RF35 f/1.8 would probably be my choice (I know the 24-105 covers it, but very different aperture, and I like primes...). Not sure how much it is in the States, but in the UK it is around £500 and that normally means around $500 in the US!

Happy shooting,

Stoical.

Last edited:
Upvote 0