EOS R and 135 L issue?

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
It was bought second hand, and immediately thought it was an issue with it. I’ve had it a thousand times before, at least ten different copies, and I’ve had those who are very soft and/or poor AF, and I’ve had those that are epic in every way, nothing in between. I sent a message to the seller and told him this and he thought I had broken it, but I literally just took it out of the box and tried. So he refused to take it back unless he got it back and THEN, perhaps l, refund me, not gonna happen.

I have no other body to try it on atm.

There is this slight squeaky noise from the AF motor I’ve experienced before and that time it was the same missing shots behavior and the lens was replaced with a new one.

We have this system in Norway where we can report cases like this and some third party person will help us resolve this, I have reported it, but it will take 12-15 weeks ...
Ebay purchase?

Upvote 0
I tried R with EF 135L today for several hours, in doors, handheld, various shooting modes and various aperture. Overall about 1000 shots. For stationary objects keeper rate was 97% and for slow moving objects was around 92%.
I did not try it with flashes though and used ambient light only. The combination is slow to focus for sure but nothing out of ordinary, I guess. Needless to say that my copy of 135L is about 10 years old, has excellent optics and well maintained.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Dec 13, 2010
I tried R with EF 135L today for several hours, in doors, handheld, various shooting modes and various aperture. Overall about 1000 shots. For stationary objects keeper rate was 97% and for slow moving objects was around 92%.
I did not try it with flashes though and used ambient light only. The combination is slow to focus for sure but nothing out of ordinary, I guess. Needless to say that my copy of 135L is about 10 years old, has excellent optics and well maintained.

Upvote 0
Hi good people!

I recently bought a 135 L to use with my R.

But I get seriously disappointing results regarding Servo AF. My RF50 can’t miss, and the 135 can’t hit.

It’s okay, but only okay, in One Shot and in servo I get a 2 out of 15 shots sharp, the rest is so OOF you can’t tell who I took a picture of.

Anyone has used this combo and like to chime in with your experience?

Thanks!

Had an F2 135 for years.

First shot with my trusty crusty 24-70 f2.8 in the dark with the R. Felt like my lens got an upgrade with af off the sensor and focused in areas in the dark where my 5d3 couldn’t.

Then shot with F135 and despite being an f2, had less of a hit ratio in same location.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0