Eos R Battery

Jul 21, 2010
.. but you need that special power supply?
No, any sufficiently powerful charger that supports the USB-PD (power delivery) standard will work. For example, I cold charge an EOS R using the USB C charger for my MacBook Pro (or directly from one of the MacBook Pro’s USB C ports, provided the Mac was plugged into AC power.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Dec 13, 2010
No, any sufficiently powerful charger that supports the USB-PD (power delivery) standard will work. For example, I cold charge an EOS R using the USB C charger for my MacBook Pro (or directly from one of the MacBook Pro’s USB C ports, provided the Mac was plugged into AC power.
Ah, okay, I thought I saw something around the launch that people were a bit disappointed that whilst it had USB charge it could only use the Canon adapter “and ruined the whole point of it”

Does that mean one could charge the camera with an iPhone charger or is that too weak? Are the ports always specified to usb C or “pd”?

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Ah, okay, I thought I saw something around the launch that people were a bit disappointed that whilst it had USB charge it could only use the Canon adapter “and ruined the whole point of it”

Does that mean one could charge the camera with an iPhone charger or is that too weak? Are the ports always specified to usb C or “pd”?
USB-PD is a subset of USB-C. Smaller iPhone chargers/power packs won’t work, larger ones for tablets/laptops often will.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0