Eos R focus guide with Zeiss Ze lenses

Adapted lenses, with no electrical connection DO NOT HAVE FOCUS GUIDE capability. They only have peaking capability. I have an R, I have Nikkors and I have an F to EF ring. No "triangles"

It has been said, that an adapter with the right "chip" to fool the camera into thinking a lens is on it, may be in the works to provide that capability. Hope so! (but it aint out, as of today, that I know....)

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
Adapted lenses, with no electrical connection DO NOT HAVE FOCUS GUIDE capability. They only have peaking capability. I have an R, I have Nikkors and I have an F to EF ring. No "triangles"

It has been said, that an adapter with the right "chip" to fool the camera into thinking a lens is on it, may be in the works to provide that capability. Hope so! (but it aint out, as of today, that I know....)
The Zeiss lenses he is asking about have the electrical contacts, so the question is do they work with the AF Guide Assist when using the Canon adapter.

Its not clear from the Zeiss page, so actual experience is needed. The Zeiss page says they do not work with A-Dep which certainly raises the question about them providing focus information to the camera.

Zeiss ZE

Upvote 0