Eos R hits $1579 gray market, new low

Mt Spokane Photography

I post too Much on Here!!
Mar 25, 2011
While I've never bought a gray market camera, that is a good price. The RP is probably pushing prices down. However, buyers should be aware that they need to check out a gray market seller, some of them do not have good reputations. Most do not offer returns unless the camera is DOA, and then they will exchange it.

woodman411

EOS T7i
Aug 1, 2017
USA
While I've never bought a gray market camera, that is a good price. The RP is probably pushing prices down. However, buyers should be aware that they need to check out a gray market seller, some of them do not have good reputations. Most do not offer returns unless the camera is DOA, and then they will exchange it.
Agreed, for what it's worth, there is eBay buyer protection just in case.

Kit Lens Jockey

EOS 7D MK II
Nov 12, 2016
Thanks for the heads up. Seriously considering this for a second camera as it seems that the "pro" RF camera is still about a year out.

Kit Lens Jockey

EOS 7D MK II
Nov 12, 2016
I ended up ordering this, just came in the mail. So, the delivery was a bit long. But, it does appear to be a brand new EOS R. Checked the shutter count, and while the R only reports out shutter count by the thousands, it shows less than 1000, so it is likely a new camera. Camera seems to work, no issues. Strangely, there was a 110V power cable literally thrown in the shipping box outside of the actual camera box, yet the battery charger still seems to be an American plug. So I guess I got a free power cable too. :sneaky: The box had no manuals in it as I'm guessing they were in a different language. Overall I'm pretty happy. Can't beat a brand new EOS R for $1579.

Reactions: dba101