Eos R hits $1579 gray market, new low

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 25, 2011
While I've never bought a gray market camera, that is a good price. The RP is probably pushing prices down. However, buyers should be aware that they need to check out a gray market seller, some of them do not have good reputations. Most do not offer returns unless the camera is DOA, and then they will exchange it.

Upvote 0
While I've never bought a gray market camera, that is a good price. The RP is probably pushing prices down. However, buyers should be aware that they need to check out a gray market seller, some of them do not have good reputations. Most do not offer returns unless the camera is DOA, and then they will exchange it.

Agreed, for what it's worth, there is eBay buyer protection just in case.

Upvote 0
Nov 12, 2016
I ended up ordering this, just came in the mail. So, the delivery was a bit long. But, it does appear to be a brand new EOS R. Checked the shutter count, and while the R only reports out shutter count by the thousands, it shows less than 1000, so it is likely a new camera. Camera seems to work, no issues. Strangely, there was a 110V power cable literally thrown in the shipping box outside of the actual camera box, yet the battery charger still seems to be an American plug. So I guess I got a free power cable too. :sneaky: The box had no manuals in it as I'm guessing they were in a different language. Overall I'm pretty happy. Can't beat a brand new EOS R for $1579.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
[/QUOTE
I have purchased one grey market lens and they gave me a 7 year warranty through them - they are a camera store and repair service. I have had this lens for about 3 years. It is awesome in its qualitym

Upvote 0

IcyBergs

I have a Sony...TV
May 31, 2016
The 2nd hand market for R bodies will be flooded after the R5 and R6 are eligible for pre-orders. This should drive the new/grey/refurb etc markets down for the R. A clean 2nd hand R might be nice to pair with a new R5 or R6 as a back-up body and that'll be the time to grab one.

These recent deals on new R's aren't bad at all though.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.