EOS R: Quirks and Quibbles

tron

CR Pro
Nov 8, 2011
I tried to read all of these quickly and … got tired. Better try one by one slower! Very useful thread!

I have an issue so I am afraid I will deviate from the rules of this thread as set by OP but I am frustrated because it happens in the field.

Every now and then the lcd shows super blurry and I cannot fix it (ok it gets fixed eventually but I haven't figured out how).
When it is that blurry pressing the shutter does not make it better neither trying to turn the manual focus lens ring.
It has happened with both 24-105 and 24-70 so it is not lens related. I even try to turn off and on and at least once it didn't work.
Usually this happens when focusing closely (but not that closely!)

Unfortunately I haven't been able to deduce more. I have set "Lens drive when AF impossible" back to ON and I will see if it happens again. Setting it to OFF is a classic birding setting but my EOS R will not be used for that so...

But seriously that blurriness was so strong that I do not believe it was the result of this setting

Upvote 0
EOS RP, upgrade from a Rebel owner. Loving how customizable this camera is. I really like the touch and drag auto focus, so I remapped all my arrow buttons.

Up = Reset currently selected FV item to Auto.
Left = Reset all FV items to Auto.
Right = Quick change of shooting mode between Auto, Standard, Fine Detail, etc.

Not a fan of the left hand menu, so currently the down arrow is mapped to menu access. This allows me to quick access “My Menu” to easily find those things I don’t use often, and might not find when I want.

That said, what I’d like to to is hit the down arrow to access light settings to quickly change between sun, shade, AWB, etc. I’m not seeing a way to do that. Am I missing something?

Upvote 0
Nov 3, 2012
Every now and then the lcd shows super blurry and I cannot fix it (ok it gets fixed eventually but I haven't figured out how).
When it is that blurry pressing the shutter does not make it better neither trying to turn the manual focus lens ring.
It has happened with both 24-105 and 24-70 so it is not lens related. I even try to turn off and on and at least once it didn't work.
Usually this happens when focusing closely (but not that closely!)

Does this also happen with the EVF?

Upvote 0

tron

CR Pro
Nov 8, 2011
Does this also happen with the EVF?
The specific moment yes. I can make my DSLRs to do it in reality this happens very rarely and I can turn the manual focus ring and fix it immediately or I can set "Lens drive when AF impossible" set to ON. So I have set it back that way to my R. I do not use it for birding so it can stay to ON, no problem.
I believe Canon could customize it to make a first attempt to focus anyway especially if the camera is set to one shot.

Upvote 0