EOS R with RF to EF filter- adapter

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
CR Pro
Aug 9, 2018
Hi fellow EOS R users!
Before I order the quite expensive RF to EF filter-adapter, I'd need to know whether it does actually protect the sensor from dust.
I'm only episodically interested in the use of filters, rather looking for a way to "seal" the body during lens changes in dusty environments (EF lenses, of course).
I would most of the time use this adapter with the neutral filter.
Thanks for your answers!

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
Hi fellow EOS R users!
Before I order the quite expensive RF to EF filter-adapter, I'd need to know whether it does actually protect the sensor from dust.
I'm only episodically interested in the use of filters, rather looking for a way to "seal" the body during lens changes in dusty environments (EF lenses, of course).
I would most of the time use this adapter with the neutral filter.
Thanks for your answers!

From my use of it the past months: there's a lot less dust on my sensor, but still a few new spots have appeared. It's hard to do an objective comparison, but I would say it's 90% less dust, if not better. This is on an RP, so I don't get that fancy shutter closing the R has.

Apart from the dust, having a polarizer that won't reflect like crazy with macro flashes is so nice that I'm hesitant to replace EF lenses with the RF counterpart when they appear.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0