Expiration on the RP deal with extras?

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
HI djmaher and welcome to CR!

Not acting in the US market I cannot 100% say, what Canon will do there.
But in Germany/Europe the adapter is almost any time included in the offers.
The Reason is clear: not so many native RF lenses but Canon wants this system to be spread wide.
Conclusion: adapter will stay in the offer.
As for the grip I would guess this to be an offer that might end. This is not offered in Germany/Europe in standard.
And I don't believe that our hands are so much smaller ;)
Conclusion: grip might be special offer.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
But in Germany/Europe the adapter is almost any time included in the offers.
The Reason is clear: not so many native RF lenses but Canon wants this system to be spread wide.
Conclusion: adapter will stay in the offer.
In the US, there was never a free adapter kitted with the EOS M line or the EOS R (although some third-party sellers have included it in a bundle) so I certainly would not take it as a foregone conclusion that the bundle will remain available in the future.

In fact, upon checking I see that the Canon USA website states the following: “FREE Mount Adapter EF-EOS R - Offer valid February 13, 2019 12:00 a.m. through March 30, 2019 11:59 p.m. ET.”

Upvote 0
So, for US customers, does Rumors get a small financial benefit if I click through to either B&H or Adorama?

I'm happy to do that, if it benefits Canon Rumors some. The cost is the same, either way. Both sites offer the free lens adapter and grip with purchase. No clear expiration date on that deal, through either of their web sites, at least that is readily apparent.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
So, for US customers, does Rumors get a small financial benefit if I click through to either B&H or Adorama?

I'm happy to do that, if it benefits Canon Rumors some. The cost is the same, either way. Both sites offer the free lens adapter and grip with purchase. No clear expiration date on that deal, through either of their web sites, at least that is readily apparent.
CR has an affiliate relationship with Adorama. Here's the EOS RP link.

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
"Expiration" as here is a North American usage. The rest of the world English uses "Expiry", and expiration means "the exhalation of breath from the lungs". Once again, we are divided by a common language. And we would use "of", rather than "on". (This is no way meant as a criticism but just pointing out yet another difference between US and UK languages).

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
Is the grip extender a gimmick? Do users find it handy? I find it odd that it is not listed for sale anywhere.

From what I see, its everywhere, but your search might be difficult without mentioning the model number BG-E1

Upvote 0

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
Is the grip extender a gimmick? Do users find it handy? I find it odd that it is not listed for sale anywhere.

Without the extender and using a 'heavy' lens like the 24-105 or RF50 the RP will rub at the base of my ring finger leaving a red spot that takes about a day to go away. With the extender I can shoot it all day, every day. I have medium sized hands for my 6 ft length.

Nowadays I'm using the RP+EG-E1 mostly with the MP-E65 + MT24-EX. No problem with the weight or grip: Masked bee

Upvote 0